Centennial Tower

eandslee

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news... Shakman, Goodstein's office is on the second floor of one of the buildings. You should stop by and get some info :)

I have tried that. No one wants to answer the door. <_<

I will drive by the site on my way home and see if anyone else is moving out.

I have tried that. No one wants to answer the door. <_<

I will drive by the site on my way home and see if anyone else is moving out.

I work around the corner from there. Our favorite little Chinese place, Fu Kim, had a busy signal all day. We discussed whether they are still open, but I haven't headed over to check. I'll do that when I leave...which is now. Markets are closed!

I wonder how quicky things on that block will start to shut down?

I work around the corner from there. Our favorite little Chinese place, Fu Kim, had a busy signal all day. We discussed whether they are still open, but I haven't headed over to check. I'll do that when I leave...which is now. Markets are closed!

I wonder how quicky things on that block will start to shut down?

I assume the tenants will leave as the leases expire. Demo work is supposed to begin by at least January, which I think is when reservations will begin to be taken for the condos...

I would think Fu Kim could relocate?

I assume the tenants will leave as the leases expire. Demo work is supposed to begin by at least January, which I think is when reservations will begin to be taken for the condos...

I would think Fu Kim could relocate?

I went to Fu Kim last night, but they only took cash. I asked someone who worked there about relocated. We had a bit of a language barrier.

There is a hair dresser on the porposed site who vacated within the last couple of days.

My motto for life is, "Never get your hopes up because it's a hard crash when things aren't as anticipated; those who are cautiously optimistic or even pessimistic don't get hurt as bad."

but hey! It's getting built and I'd love to see what the top will look like.

The only way for us to get a huge signature building is if Capital One pooled all its campuses in Henrico and Goochland and the site in Chester and we could have a huge building.

My motto for life is, "Never get your hopes up because it's a hard crash when things aren't as anticipated; those who are cautiously optimistic or even pessimistic don't get hurt as bad."

but hey! It's getting built and I'd love to see what the top will look like.

The only way for us to get a huge signature building is if Capital One pooled all its campuses in Henrico and Goochland and the site in Chester and we could have a huge building.

Well at least it this development will expand the skyline to the west and add some density. I am curious to know what the top of the building will look like.

Though I am bummed about the height. It sounds like it will be about the height of Main Street Center. Of course that will depend upon what the top of the tower will be.

Since they've opted for a 1-tower design instead of 2, the design should be vastly different from the original vision.

They could have gotten some more floors if the parking wasn't below ground also...

It also states that it will 218 residential units... perhaps that means a mix of apartments and condos?

This may be totally irrelevant, and I dont want to use the words "given up" but Id settle for one, really tall, flat roofed tower right about now... Im absolutely sure we'll see more projects like this and beyond, proposed next year and latter this year. We need that signature tower!

sad actually, I was hoping for something that really pushed the limit for Richmond.

personally, I would love to see the city push their limits with architecture again. There is so much great historical architecture, that the new buildings going up seem to be wasting their time trying to blend in more than be great architecture too.

Haha, WELL its not what I had expected or wanted for that matter. It only has 8 windows on the long stretch of the front! I would like to see an all glass one. Something modeling the Comcast Center in Philadelphia, or 10 Inner Harbour in Baltimore. I think anything glass, even the slightest bit boxy, and maybe with a few different roof variations, like your newest design in Designed for Richmond, would be a step out from all the developments weve been hearing.

They're individual windows, the rest of the gray and white are windows too and glass. I didn't detail them.

However, if it were just 8-9 stories, this could be something else I was thinking about for Richmond... a certain number of stories and then a "monumental" top that can be half the entire building's length. So 8 stories plus some 20 other stories of nothing and an observation deck on top... if that's what you see maybe that can work for us too? :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have some EXTREMELY GOOD NEWS for this project. The data sheet online is wrong!!! The dates are incorrect!!! I just spoke with someone from Goodstein. Design is to be complete soon and groundbreaking is still ontract for 2007. Work is to start within the next couple of months!!!

Goodstein's website will be corrected.

Archived