Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Their filthy liars. The underground and all of the site utilities are not in place, there was no phase 6. This guy built a roller coaster and he is somehow qualified to build an arena? He couldn't bond a warehouse 7 years ago. Ain't happening. Sorry.

Edited by orlandonative

The fat guy is rediculous. In one second he says "we are in no way against the proposal to build these facilities" than in the next 20 minutes proceeds to shoot down the idea and suggest that building an arena and PAC downtown is absurd. We have been practically accused of stealing these facilities and robbing the visions of our predecessors. They go on to suggest that we are turning our back on the convention business and we have not provided the necessary infrastructure to create positive economic development. The fat guy plainly stated that he very rarely comes to Orlando. How are we to consider his position as valid or otherwise in the best interest of the city?

I need a drink. :alc:

Edited by orlandonative

Is this meeting taking place in downtown on South Street? It seems like this will be goin on for awhile, so I am thinking of stopping by.

It's at the Orange County Building on Rosalind and Church St. You can't miss the throngs of news trucks and protesters/supporters that are out there... don't expect to get a seat inside, though.

im so glad crotty stepped up. It pissed me off that presenter had the whole "sky is falling" approach on our convention center. We JUST expanded the damn thing, commited over a billion dollars to it's expansion, and there are COUNTLESS developments going up around the center to improve the quality of that particular area. It irked me he made it seem like the convention center was all of a sudden going to just fall apart and become abandoned because of these downtown developments.

And commuter rail, yay! Link the convention center to downtown by mass transit, and all of a sudden the argument of the venues not being close enough is unimportant. There still doesn't seem to be any new opposition coming up from the commissioners, I think this is a done deal.

im so glad crotty stepped up. It pissed me off that presenter had the whole "sky is falling" approach on our convention center. We JUST expanded the damn thing, commited over a billion dollars to it's expansion, and there are COUNTLESS developments going up around the center to improve the quality of that particular area. It irked me he made it seem like the convention center was all of a sudden going to just fall apart and become abandoned because of these downtown developments.

And commuter rail, yay! Link the convention center to downtown by mass transit, and all of a sudden the argument of the venues not being close enough is unimportant. There still doesn't seem to be any new opposition coming up from the commissioners, I think this is a done deal.

Yeah..lets spend 1.1 more billion dollars in I-drive so we can have a bunch of commercialized stuff for tourist leaving downtown orlando a ghost town with nothing for citizens to do. I'm sure many of us will move out after a few years realizing this city doesn't want growth where it belongs (DOWNTOWN)!

haha.. the idrive boys put up a good presentation and nearly had me convinced until Donohue? said that there will still be $ for the convention center etc.. the funny part was some of them weren't even suppose to be speaking and kind of just introduced each other randomly.

Edited by PMWMagic

What's up with Rosen threatening to sue? :o That guy is so self-interested.

I got into a huge argument today with a guy at work about him. He said, "well he donated 2.5 mil to the local jewish community center." To which I replied, "and that helps me HOW?"

VENUES are universal / public, whereas a 2.5 mil JCC is not. I really am starting to dislike Rosen more and more. :angry:

What's up with Rosen threatening to sue? :o That guy is so self-interested.

I got into a huge argument today with a guy at work about him. He said, "well he donated 2.5 mil to the local jewish community center." To which I replied, "and that helps me HOW?"

VENUES are universal / public, whereas a 2.5 mil JCC is not. I really am starting to dislike Rosen more and more. :angry:

I'm glad rosen is donating generously to good causes but tell your buddy the Orlando Magic just agreed to pay for 6 gymnasiums around Orlando which will cost more than 10 mil if I am not mistaken.

I'm glad rosen is donating generously to good causes but tell your buddy the Orlando Magic just agreed to pay for 6 gymnasiums around Orlando which will cost more than 10 mil if I am not mistaken.

It's 5 which PO'd Commish Brummer ... oh well. That vote was already lost. It's his constituent's problem now.

Edited by cwetteland