Project North | Turbocor

stjoe

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still look forward to the coming of a governor with some common sense. If its not broke, don't fix it. I'm still trying to figure the logic behind all of the outsourcing and privatizing. Many of our jobs went out of state. Not saying we should rely on government to hold up our local economy, but we should be able to trust that our government will make more sound decisions with Tallahassee, and Florida's best interest in mind. So far, its hard for me to see how much of the privatizing has paid off for us.

I'm still looking for the savings. All he did was send a tidal wave thru Tallahassee's economy that we've only recently recovered from. We still need to work to diversify, but I can't help but imagine how things would be if he'd been a bit more sensitive to our community and given us a little more time to adjust to his proposal.

Turbocor is Packed and on the Way!

Turbocor made it official in an annoucement yesterday that it will be moving its headquarters to Tallahassee from Montreal Canada. The company expects to move into its new Innovation Park facility as soon as June and plans to fill 90 high paying positions right away, then later add more positions amounting to or exceeding 150 jobs.

Surely Tallahassee is eagerly waiting.

Article

Did anyone else notice how strange the Florida manufacturing figures looked in the Democrat article:

"Currently, there are 16,000 manufacturers in the state, employing more than 38,000 Floridians."

Wow! That's slightly more than two employees per manufacturer! Since Turbocor will have a 1 to 150 ratio of manufacturer to employees, some of our state's manufacturers must be getting by with fewer than one employee. That's worker productivity! Was a zero left out somewhere?

Did anyone else notice how strange the Florida manufacturing figures looked in the Democrat article:

"Currently, there are 16,000 manufacturers in the state, employing more than 38,000 Floridians."

Wow! That's slightly more than two employees per manufacturer! Since Turbocor will have a 1 to 150 ratio of manufacturer to employees, some of our state's manufacturers must be getting by with fewer than one employee. That's worker productivity! Was a zero left out somewhere?

Most of them probably hire contractor work. Thus some (or most unfortunately) of their employees are not on the payroll.

Turbocor finally announced their move to Tallahassee on their web site...

http://www.turbocor.com/

I'm sorry to say it, but I doubt that Danfoss Turbocor will put the Tallahassee skyline on the title banner of their new website. We have a long way to go before our city meets Montreal's architectural appeal. But we must have something going our way. They will be here in June.

I found this at the WCTV6 Website. They also have a video if anyone wants to see how the building will look. I don't think I'll be able to copy it onto my computer.

Danfoss-Turbocor Moving

Laura Kadechka

Danfoss-Turborcor says it chose to make the move to Tallahassee because it brought the balance; it was looking for reasonable operating costs and the intellectual capital.

The concrete goes down next week for the new building, which will be owned by the City of Tallahassee and Innovation Park. The company's president says that gives him about eight months to build an entire staff.

The way has been cleared for Danfoss-Turbocor. Its new headquarters are going up at Tallahassee's Innovation Park. The project will be complete in June.

It's a move from Canada to Florida the company says makes sense. It builds highly efficient magnetic compressors for air conditioners.

President Joseph Orosz says,

Archived