55 West

Tim3167

those palms on the amenities deck will be dead soon, it seems. but that Oak on Church seems to be doing well.

what's with the odd maroon paint square on the parking deck north face? I don't get it-- it's not congruent with the north face of the tower's pattern.

• 1 month later...

55 W has been turning on their lights at night. The blue neon accent lighting at the top roofline looks kind of cool, but the parking garage lights facing North are too overpowering.

I don't get that lighting scheme... it only highlights the E-W overhangs and the E & W edges of the north face overhang, but doesn't highlight the curved portion as it rises up towards the middle... but they did place exterior lamps facing upwards to the left and right of the 55W sign. maybe it's still in development... lights look blue-gray...

and also, the top 4 levels are lit with flourescent lights--- only the top 4 levels.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received the following from the sales office:

Hello, we wanted to give you an update on the status of 55 West. The Developer is in final negotiations with two 4 Star Hotels. The decision as to which hotel brand will be determined by summer end. We will have information regarding the condominiums in the early fall. As soon as we have instructions from the Developer, we will notify you immediately. The tower is looking great and we are excited about the future of 55 West. Thanks for your patience. We are still refunding any deposits requested at this time. If you have any questions, please contact us at 407-8441-5583 or [email protected] or [email protected] .

Sincerely,

Carol Veal

Carri Tisdell

Just received the following from the sales office:

Hello, we wanted to give you an update on the status of 55 West. The Developer is in final negotiations with two 4 Star Hotels. The decision as to which hotel brand will be determined by summer end. We will have information regarding the condominiums in the early fall. As soon as we have instructions from the Developer, we will notify you immediately. The tower is looking great and we are excited about the future of 55 West. Thanks for your patience. We are still refunding any deposits requested at this time. If you have any questions, please contact us at 407-8441-5583 or [email protected] or [email protected] .

Sincerely,

Carol Veal

Carri Tisdell

I believe them regarding the 4 star hotel brand. I heard recently that the Hilton project at CSS is not necessarily a go at this time... I figured it might be linked to what 55W does. Maybe, maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...

whoah.

55W is turning out to be much nicer than anticipated. not only does it have that awesome piece of art on the south face all lit up, but aside from the 2-story section along Church St. which is awesome as well, there is a walkway through the center which connects Church to Pine; it's a little right of center. THere are also retail parlors along Pine st. on either side of the garage entrance where it's bricked.

this place is gorgeous. except for the upper portion of the garage structure.

Any word on restaurant/retail tenants for 55W?

I wish I knew. but there's at least as much retail space than before in the former bldg. that housed Howl and Jungle Jim's. There's gotta be, realistically, at least 10-12 spaces they can lease out. if it becomes a hotel, that would be huge for retail there. and the retail would also help out the hotel.

I wish I knew. but there's at least as much retail space than before in the former bldg. that housed Howl and Jungle Jim's. There's gotta be, realistically, at least 10-12 spaces they can lease out. if it becomes a hotel, that would be huge for retail there. and the retail would also help out the hotel.

What the area really needs is a nice French bistro akin to Baltazhar in SoHo or Pastis in the meat packing.

fine by me.

hotels are good generators of foot traffic.

the other night, Ceviche was creating so many consecutive groups of peds one after the other coming and going. darn circ's concerning the comedy club... what's the deal with Rustic Steakhouse now? we need another magnet there.

as for 55W, I bet you a few retailers are waiting to see if a hotel goes in before they show more interest. hopefully, the success of CSS's other retail will be enough of an impetus for retailers to go in regardless. maybe they'll focus on stores instead of more eateries/bars with 55W.