motonenterprises

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

You should see I-85 in western Greenville County.  The SCDOT refuses to fix them even after being broken for over a decade now. #yeahTHATgreenville 

Yes. I know about it. We've discussed it here on different occasions. I just don't understand why they don't want to put money into lights. When they widened the section of 385 years ago in the city of Greenville, I sent the dot an email asking were they going to install lights like other metros. They said only the on ramps and exits. What's the issue with wanting to add lighting? 

They probably don’t have the funding to install new lights or fix the broken ones already installed.  You can thank our state legislature for that. The SCDOT has been severely underfunded over the past several decades and is only now finally starting to catch up to where they should be thanks to the raise of the state gas tax and the state having a surplus in money. The lights on I-85 will get fixed eventually but it’s not going to happen until they widen it to four lanes each way. No doubt that’s several years out unfortunately. Construction is slated to start in 2026: 

https://www.scdot.org/business/i-85-widening-mm40-69.aspx

Edited by gman430