Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

I heard a rumor that Wealthy St. Station is going or has gone out of business and Sami (of pita house and liquor store fame) is going to open something there.

Twoshort, you PM me immediately and tell me where these blasphemous comments are coming from. If I loose my station burger bad things are going to happen.................bad things.............

Are you sure you're not talking about Wealthy St. Grille?

Does anybody know anything about another Beaner's supposedly opening near 28th and the Beltline?

I drove past there yesterday and saw the sign. It's going in that new strip mall where Dale Baker Honda/Grand Oldsmobile used to be. I think that's the intersection of Lake Eastbrook and Beltline.

Another auto oriented crappy strip mall!!! Yeah!!!

I heard a rumor that Wealthy St. Station is going or has gone out of business and Sami (of pita house and liquor store fame) is going to open something there.

Never fear everyone...........I confirmed today it was the Grille that is now shut down. The Station Burger is alive and well.......(and quite tasty).

Never fear everyone...........I confirmed today it was the Grille that is now shut down. The Station Burger is alive and well.......(and quite tasty).

Will anything ever be successful in that corner? The landlord should give up and stop putting restaurants in there.

For anyone who was interested - GRYP is not confirming next week Thursday as the official sneak preview of the new Monte's. The unwind meetings are usually the last Thursday of every month, but the last email from GRYP said they couldn't promote a specific date. Hopefully it's soon, though - I'm getting very curious.

For anyone who was interested - GRYP is not confirming next week Thursday as the official sneak preview of the new Monte's. The unwind meetings are usually the last Thursday of every month, but the last email from GRYP said they couldn't promote a specific date. Hopefully it's soon, though - I'm getting very curious.

I was told Monte's opens this Friday, April 21st at 5pm.

GRYP just posted their Unwind at Monte's. It'll be happening April 27.

Fleetwood Diner is being built, sign is already up, on 44th Street just west of Breton. I was driving by so I'm not sure but I think the sign said "coming fall 2006". Anyone know if this is the same as Fleetwood Diner in Ann Arbor?

oh god, an ann arbor-style fleetwood downtown would be incredible. too bad it's way out in the boonies.

They had the wraps off the windows today, but it was hard to make anything out as I drove by.

I'm @ Monte's right now, it's beautiful. The layout & interior have changed; I feel like I'm in a metropolitan club. Lake Affect Design did a great job working with the guys.

New style, great service, & a lot of fun!

oh god, an ann arbor-style fleetwood downtown would be incredible. too bad it's way out in the boonies.

LOL 44th St. really isn't the boonies. Heck, 44th street is a southern boundry of Grand Rapids! :) I'm currently sitting in Grand Rapids, and can see 44th St. :rofl:

And yes - I'm excited for the Fleetwood to open. I'm sick of most of the other places around here. It's too bad Kalamazoo between 60th and 68th is insane around lunch time. (Did goto Sami's the other day - another delicious Gyro!)

Please tell me this ^^ is true. My wife's lebanese and our favorite place went out of business a few years ago.

I'll have to ask when I go back down there. There is an all you can eat Sharwma King in the Westnedge/Kilgore are in K-zoo. It is awesome food and it's 5.95 for lunch and 7.95 for dinner. They have the best hummous around.