CityView at Southside (Greensboro)

cityboi

There has been a lot of discussion about Roy Carroll's planned 300 unit Bellemeade Village apartment complex and phase two of the Greenway at Fisher Park Apartments (Greenway at Stadium Park). But don't forget expansion is underway at downtown's largest apartment complex CityView at Southside. The old ABC alcohol warehouse is being converted into a new and larger clubhouse and a new 4-story apartment building is going up. When complete there will be a total of 10 apartment buildings along with the two clubhouses and will have about 500 apartment units. This is the third expansion of CityView. Here are some photos of current construction that I took. What I like about this complex is that it is built within the downtown street grid and has an urban layout as oppose to looking like a suburban apartment complex that happens to be downtown.

the old ABC warehouse building now has windows, doors and is painted tan. Apartment units will line two sides of the triangular shaped building with the clubhouse, yoga room, business center and gym on the other side.

cvs1.jpg

cvs2.jpg

cvs3.jpg

cvs4.jpg

new apartment building going up

cvs5.jpg

cvs6.jpg

cvs7.jpg

Cityview-aa-large.jpg

CityView in the background

2834220935_200ee44777_z.jpg

2973878153_caac10ac5f_z.jpg

Here are some snow pictures I took when I walked outside this morning.

CityView at Southside

cview1.jpg

cview2.jpg

some of the materials on this building going up are different from the other buildings. I see they are putting yellow vinyl siding on part of this building. Those architectural elements transition with the single family homes behind the building.

cview3.jpg

cview4.jpg

you can see Dame's Chicken& Waffles in the background and the greenline cityview apartment building to the left.

cview5.jpg

cview6.jpg

cview7.jpg

cview8.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with this development doesn't that use the last available land in Southside? I guess they'll have to start building across Lee St. or possibly towards Elm if they want to build more housing.

Yes it was the last available property in Southside for development at least for the time being.  City leaders are still trying to get Norfolk Southern to sell the large railyard across from CityView so it can either be developed into a large urban park with a pond or other residential projects. Action Greensboro had proposed that the rail yard be converted to a park and be called "Rail Yard Park" The renderings showed a chain of linear ponds snaking through the park and through out downtown along the railroad. Plans also included an amphitheater in Rail Yard Park for small concert/performances.

• 2 months later...

I took some picture inside the new clubhouse at CityView at Southside. Its hard to believe this building use to be the old ABC warehouse. I love how they kept the original brick, columns and ceiling intact. It gives it that authentic warehouse look.

club1.jpg

club2.jpg

club3.jpg

club4.jpg

club5.jpg

club6.jpg

club7.jpg

club8.jpg

club9.jpg

club10.jpg

club11.jpg

club12.jpg

In terms of downtown grid layout, this is the best planned apartment community in downtown Greensboro. With the expansion of a new apartment building and the new clubhouse the complex is totally built out. There are rumors that the old clubhouse by the pool could be converted to a sauna and in include a Jacuzzi.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived