Duthler Foods in Madison Square to get makeover

GRDadof3

I thought this was pretty good news. I was just checking out the mixed use project that LINC has done across the street, and drove through Duthler's parking lot and thought what an opportunity it was if it was fixed up. Here ya go.

http://www.grbj.com/articles/80240-grocery-store-invests-25m-in-renovation?utm_source=MagnetMail&utm_medium=email&[email protected]&utm_content=849%3A%20GRBJ%20Daily%3A%20Grocery%20store%20invests%20$2.5M%20in%20re&utm_campaign=GRBJ%20Daily%3A%20Grocery%20store%20invests%20$2.5M%20in%20renovation

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been in the works for a while.  It took a LONG time to get this property out of Roosevelt Tilman's hands and to this point.  Mark my words, the Southtown/Madison Square neighborhood is one of the next neighborhoods to begin to see some serious market rate development.  

In fact when one considers what is happening in the NE along Michigan and Leonard, the NW Medical Mile and Belknap, the SW (near GVSU), and SE Wealthy Street...we should see the next wave of development happening in Baxter south along Eastern Ave south of Wealthy, Madison Square, Creston on Plainfield north of Leonard, and the Burton Heights neighborhood.

• 4 years later...

Archived