Front Row Condos

twoshort

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is actually a group of developers including Rockford Construction. I believe there are 17 condominiums, some with 2 floors. Last I heard more than half were accounted for. If you want more information, I would contact Rockford. They will know who to call.

Speaking of the renovation, I really like that they are redeveloping the block, but I am a little disappointed by the quality of the facade's and that they picked the same color for atleast 3 different buildings. Some variety would have been nice.

It is still a great project though!

Joe

Anyone have any info the the Front Row condo's on Monroe Center?  I think the sign said it was a Pioneer project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I think there're only 10 units, all 2 story. I believe they start around a quarter million, but not sure what that buys you. Most are already sold (8 or 9 last I heard).

If you're looking for something cheaper, the Peck building where I live, (not quite directly) across the street from Front Row, is also going condo:

http://rockfordpropertymgt.com/peck/index.htm

Smaller units - most 1br (1 of the larger ones also has a den).

I've liked living here for this past year, but not enough to buy in (I'm guessing they're kinda pricey for me). No idea what the actual price range is. Scuttlebutt in the halls is that one of the front units (facing Monroe Center) went for $150k. Again, not sure what that buys you. Mine is in front, 1br, 870ish sq. feet. There's a site plan somewhere on that web site.

The name I was given at Rockford Construction to contact for info was Mike Mraz. Not sure if he's involved w/Front Row as well or not.

I agree with Joe on the quality of the facades on Front Row. What a cheap looking renovation. Mis- proportioned and without charm. They should have got Bazzani involved or at least someone with a sense for what historic storefronts should look like. Another missed opportunity. Dang

Are they converting all the apartments into condos?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the impression I got from the letter I was sent. I know they are not renewing leases. There are only 12 units, I doubt there would be an easy way to keep some as rentals and convert the others. If you rent one, it will be renting because someone else bought it and is renting it out as income property.

Archived