West Side Advantages

timelordnerd

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In New Roads, the best place to get some grub and some beer is Hot Tails. Cody and Samantha Carroll really know how to cook. 

Satterfield's is nothing to write home about. Not many locals go, unless they're visiting the bar downstairs. They have really good french fries, but that's about it. Morel's or Ma Mama's is a better choice if you're in downtown New Roads. Nanny's Lunch Box is also right there and has great plate lunches on weekdays. 

I've never been to Ma Mamma's cafe.   I've seen it several times, and I know it's been around a while.  I'll have to give it a shot next time I'm down there.    Looks like an old school New Orleans style place.  

Going to be really hard to pass through New Roads without falling to the Hot Tails temptation again though.   I've had dreams about that place.

I think WBR has huge untapped potential. What they really need is an improve crossing at I10. New Orleans gets by with 2 bridge crossings (3 if you count 310 in St. John) so there isn't any reason why BR couldn't.

Thats what I think. I think the city should try and develop it into a large port side of the city.

Archived