Westside/Beatties Ford/Biddleville/West End Projects

ElricSeven

9 hours ago, Windsurfer said:

Living in London this year,  and have come to realize just how much of a difference good gun control makes.  Worse that happens is somebody screams a couple of obscenities. And, fwiw, I'm a gun owner.

the "weapons effect" is real. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1467-9280.2006.01745.x

https://science.howstuffworks.com/does-owning-a-gun-change-your-behavior-.htm#:~:text=There's something called the "weapons,shocks to other study participants.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

The Arches condos from an old church on Grandin in Wesley Heights.  14 condos in this building.   Love this project.  This is a church from 1927.  

20240101_163229.jpg

20240101_163247.jpg

20240101_163330.jpg

I thought the final product included "16" 3-story units, including the additional building developed adjacent to the old church structure.

24 minutes ago, RANYC said:

I thought the final product included "16" 3-story units, including the additional building developed adjacent to the old church structure.

I am not sure they have closed on one in there so far and have 2 under contract but I could not really see how many they had left to sell.  They may have decided not to build the newer building now not sure.  

Home - The Arches Condos in Charlotte, NC (thearchescharlotte.com)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I am not sure they have closed on one in there so far and have 2 under contract but I could not really see how many they had left to sell.  They may have decided not to build the newer building now not sure.  

Home - The Arches Condos in Charlotte, NC (thearchescharlotte.com)

The newer building was built and is done.  If you walk around the church, there is a skybridge connecting the old and original church structure to a new 3-story building.  You can also see the new building in the rear shot you posted.  It is the project section furthest away from the mailbox.

8 minutes ago, RANYC said:

The newer building was built and is done.  If you walk around the church, there is a skybridge connecting the old and original church structure to a new 3-story building.  You can also see the new building in the rear shot you posted.  It is the project section furthest away from the mailbox.

Oh I did not see it maybe someone combined some units as their website says 15 units.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, kermit said:

I am sorry this is likely to have a negative impact on CNE, but this will be truly game changing for West End

Nah, it won't have a negative impact, Camp is on the verge of actually having 500+ people living there, and have some office leases on the horizon. I don't think negative impact is a thing CNE can feel. I will also say there will be an opportunity coming to possibly expand the space L&L is in, but it'll come in the next 18-24 months. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kermit said:

I am sorry this is likely to have a negative impact on CNE, but this will be truly game changing for West End

I’ve no inside knowledge on this but L&L thrived during the pandemic, and then I observed the quality really drop off in the past 18 months, during the period when ownership wanted to scale with a multitude of new concepts… perhaps too many at one time.  

The owners then shrunk the portfolio of new concepts and appear to have successfully launched a revival of the breakfast concept over in South End, Uptown Yolk, which I hear folks rave about.  I believe something is also in planning at the Metropolitan.  Not sure L&L has ever returned to its early-stage glory days at CNE.  I hope this opens quickly in the west end, but there’s a part of me wondering if this move is really just to let the existing CNE concept sort of fade and a new west end concept will take years to emerge and will be something different.

UPDATE: Bizjournals is reporting that the new restaurant will open on the westside in late April.  Wonder if it’ll take space at Savona Mill.  

Edited by RANYC
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1