Convention centers

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it has a walkway along the river, I think, which is connected to a riverfront park/trail that is being developed. I haven't gone and taken a close look myself, but that is what I heard they wanted to do.

The pictures don't show that, because I think they are a bit old and it may not have been finished yet.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ciselant.de/PeterSeiderer/pictu...3/Image0042.jpg

This is the new Convention/Cultural Center of my city, Quito, Ecuador. It is built in the mount Itchimbia that was especially important for precolonial people, because of espiritual costumes. The landscape from there is wonderful, for you are able to see the whole city, which develops in a space between the Itchimbia and the Pichincha volcano. Also, another very interesting fact, is that to construct it, it was necessary for the city's major to "clean" the mount, which was being destroyed by invasions and ilegal constructions. :ph34r:

If you ever go to Latin America, this is a place to remember.....

----How do you post the picture???-----

Here are some views of Raleigh, NC new convention center to open in 2008. It is now under construction. The total cost is projected at about 230 million dollars.

The center will have 500,000-square-feet of convention center space and a 390,000-square-foot, three-star-quality headquarters hotel (Marriott) standing 17 stories tall with 450 rooms.

ralconv.jpg

bird-eye040405.jpg

How downtown will look with the center.

3.jpg

The nicest convention center I've seen is Monona Terrace in Madison, Wisconsin. It was actually designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1938, but took 60 years to be built. I found a few pictures on the net, but they don't do it justice:

800px-Monona_Terrace_(lake_view).jpg

conv_center1.jpg

Interior

monona01.jpg

monona04.jpg

monona07.jpg

insidelamps.jpg

The rooftop

rooftop_1.jpg

I've got to agree on Monona Terrace. It's one of the more fascinating institutional buildings I've ever been to... It's a real gem for Madison, which was already a beautiful city.

- Garris

Providence, RI

• 2 weeks later...

rhode islands convention center... in Providence .. not such a great view :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a few more images from the Rhode Island Convention Center website:

RICC-001.jpg

RICC-002.jpg

RICC-003.jpg

RICC-004.jpg

Here's also a rendering of prosposed changes to the neighbouring Dunkin Donuts Center (Providence's civic center), which will be renovated and attached to the Convention Center.

Dunk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived