Arthur's Top of the Tower Restaurant

IBruton

Just ate lunch today at Arthur's. The buffet, which included chicken, roasted pork, veggies, dessert, salad, soup, and more was only $6.95!

They have really renovated this place! The sanitation grade was a friendly 97.0 (I don't think the old Top of the Tower Rest ever had a 97!). The food was excellent, and of course the views of downtown CBD, State Gov't complex, and Glenwood south were amazing! Check it out if you have time.

PS-As with most places, the prices go up at dinner.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to put all of the rumors down...did it rotate?  No - that's what I thought.  It never ceases to amaze me how long this rumor's lasted. :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure why people want to think that it rotates.

Another curiosity: Downtown Raleigh has three high-rise restaurants (Capital City Club, Cardinal Club, and Arthur's.) How many more high-rise restaurants does North Carolina have?

I'm not sure why people want to think that it rotates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the restaurant on top of the Clarion, right? Here's why:

1. The building is round.

2. The building is round.

3. The building is round.

:)

That and, I heard someone say that it used to rotate but they stopped that a while ago. I could have sworn that I read somewhere (though it could have been a less reputable source like an online forum) that they were going to restore the restaurant's rotation with the renovations.

How many more high-rise restaurants does North Carolina have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would think there would be a few in Charlotte, but there is only one that I know of.

One of the more interesting restaurants is the Speedway Club on top of Lowes motor speedway. You get a very good view of the racetrack and surrounding territory. Unfortunatly you have to be a club member, or know someone who is, to gain access.

Archived