Mills-Nebraska Development

Chemmie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For additional scope of the size of 80,000 sq. ft. of retail, consider this. According to Wikipedia, the average Walmart Supercenter is 187,000 Sq. ft., which is about 2.2 times larger than the retail in this project.

That's still a decent amount of retail. If the big boxes stay away, a ton of smaller shops could set up in this project.

Great info, Jaybee. Thanks. I didn't realize the boundary extends all the way to Haven Drive. I also didn't realize that some of the buildings have a maximum height of 90 feet??? That's fantastic.

It's too bad the northwest end doesn't include that little sliver of lakefront property, but I guess the upper floors of the buildings will have a view.

In the staff report it says Maximum of 90 feet on Buildings 5 &6 and a portion of Building 2 but i wonder if they are going to go that high. The reason i say that is if you look at the conceptual drawings, they only appear to be 6 stories at the tallest point. Now are these guidelines or am i just confused? Probably just confused. But I hope they do go up to 90 feet, that would be cool. With Florida Hospital Orlando around the corner starting construction on the new Tower which is 14 stories and at least 180 feet tall this will fit in nicely with an infill towards Colonialtown Residential. All in all i give this project 2 thumbs UP!!!!! :rolleyes:

I noticed that in the conceptual drawings, too.

Ninety divided by six is 15 feet per floor... maybe they're just planning on generous dimensions and high ceilings.

My understanding is that the residential units are being discussed as apartments at this point. But I noticed one of the renderings on that link included descriptions of the condos. I hope it will end up going condo to add more stability to that area.

Also, if you look closely at the birds-eye renderings of the project, the funny thing is that there is one last sliver of property on the southeast border that the developer was not able to acquire. Apparently there's an old curmudgeon who owns a cash register business there. I heard that Pelloni bent over backwards to make him an offer over market value, but he flat out refused to sell. So his dumpy little business (that's closed half the time anyway) is going to remain on about 50-by-100 feet of land at the southeast corner, surrounded by Pelloni's development. I wonder how that will end up panning out in the years to come. At some point he'll either decide to sell or eventually pass away. It's such a small piece of land, I wonder what would be done with it.

Archived