Members+
  • Last visited

• Days Won

KJHburg last won the day on April 25

KJHburg had the most liked content!

2 Followers

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

KJHburg's Achievements

Ecumenopolis

Ecumenopolis (12/14)

1. this is a bit of good news out of such tragic news from earlier this week. The Tunnel to Towers Foundation Vows to Support Slain Charlotte First Responders - Tunnel to Towers Foundation (t2t.org)
  2. Lots of work is being done to finish this up at least the theater portion. Today.
  3. the new apartments at the former site of the Barringer Hall House tower. Plus the Lovin Life festival site today. That signage on UNC Charlotte's building looks new at least new to me.
  4. This will be exciting to see this one rise. the site today. rendering from the architect.
  5. Daniel Corp out of Birmingham showing how to preserve at least part of a building in their new apartment complex on N Graham. Uptown Charlotte Multifamily Project - Daniel Corporation
  6. Historical Uptown Charlotte. St Peters Charlotte's first hospital is now condos. People at first used to shoot in the windows as they did not trust hospitals when it opened. 1907 Charlotte's first hospital. St Peters Episcopal Church which founded the first hospital in Charlotte completed in 1895 NC Medical College building is now condos. This was the FIRST MEDICAL SCHOOL in Charlotte. 1907 building first started at Davidson College moved in town.
  7. Hello East Morehead corridor from uptown. You are developing a little skyline over there. From the Pearl to the Radius. #Charlotterising
  8. from my office perch today. Like the variety of building materials and styles in those first and last shots.
  9. no one can find it at the very least it is off line I hate it. I thought it was over atop the Vantage Southend building.
  10. this is good news for the region as long as this Chinese company carrys through with their plans. 545 job project in Denver in Lincoln County. I say that because a Chinese tire company cancelled their plans in Tarboro and a Chinese furniture company has still not started their plant in Concord. So we will see. Charlotte region lands 545-job project in lithium battery industry - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com) ""Lincoln County has landed a $140 million project from a company in the lithium battery industry. Green New Energy Materials Inc. expects to create 545 jobs at a new manufacturing facility in Denver. The company plans to operate an approximately 500,000-square-foot facility there, its first U.S. manufacturing operation. The parent company for GNEM is China-based Shenzhen Senior Technology Material Co. Ltd., which makes lithium ion battery separators. The N.C. economic investment committee approved incentives for the project today. The new jobs will be created from 2025 to 2029 and include an average annual wage of $57,934. That is above the county average of $51,886. The $140 million investment is expected to be completed by the end of 2028. The exact location of the operation was not immediately disclosed.""
  11. Oops I forgot that one and that is probably the biggest one . I remember the old surface parking lot there next to the old NC Federal Building at 230 S Tryon. I think Spectrum Properties did this.
  12. Grier Heights park off Wendover getting some renovations and improvements. Grier Heights Hub to Get Much-Needed Renovations (partnersforparks.org)
  13. that one story retail building was purposedly built there for these reasons: when the former office tower at 230 S Tryon was converted to condos that parcel was part of a surface parking lot. The pool for the condos is right behind the Ruth's Chris single story building so I doubt this building will be replaced anytime soon. Nobody wants their pool in shadows most of the day.
  14. Sie alle werden Krispy Kreme Donuts lieben! Krispy Kreme, Inc.: Krispy Kreme Announces Expansion into Germany (finanznachrichten.de) from German business media but in English. Notice the tag line of the corporate HQ. Image of my favorite doughnut unless glazed is hot off the line.
  15. With interstate highways you can not convert existing lanes into toll lanes. NC could not open some lanes on I-485 in Charlotte as they were going to open them as free lanes and then convert when a bigger project was done to tolled express lanes. However, the Feds said you could not do that so the new lanes sat there for a while before the toll lanes were completed unused. So you can add tolled lanes but only as new lanes.

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.