largest hotel in your city

cityboi

GREENSBORO, NC -

Sheraton Four Seasons Greensboro / Joseph S. Koury Convention Center.

number of floors - 15 in tower 1 / 28 in tower 2

number of rooms 1,016

previous hotel chain name - Holiday Inn Four Seasons

the 15- story tower was completed in the 1970s.

the convention cener was completed in 1990.

the triangular shaped 28-story hotel addition was completed in 1994.

interesting facts - tallest hotel in the Carolinas, only hotel in the Carolinas that has over 1,000 guest rooms, largest hotel between Atanta and Washington DC, largest "privately" owned convention center east of the Mississipi River.

Future plans include expanding the 1.3 million sq ft, 3 level Four Seasons Town Centre shopping mall and connecting it to the hotel and convention center. When that is completed, it will be one extremely massive, enclosed building

na1224ex2_md.jpg

na1224ex1_md.jpg

na1224lo2_md.jpg

na1224br1_md.jpg

0368Ax1-CTS.jpg

CLUB 5TH SEASON

0366C-CTS.jpg

BRASS BAR

0366A-CTS.jpg

CAFE' EXPRESSO

cafeexpresso_pic.jpg

SKYLITE CAFE'

422_2.jpg

STINGER'S RAW BAR AND GRILL

stingers2.jpg

THE BAR DOWN UNDER

036_72x-CTS.jpg

THE CONNECTION CIGAR BAR

S6.jpg

JOSEPH'S RESTAURANT

0366B-CTS.jpg

pool.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as most people know the TALLEST hotel in charlotte is the new westin hotel

Name:Westin Hotel

Built:2003

Floors:25

Rooms:700

The 700-room Westin Charlotte offers a premiere Uptown location in the heart of the city's financial district. A convenient trolley stop whisks guests to the city's hottest dining and entertainment district. The hotel features 32,279 square feet of meeting space with a 16,276 square-foot Grand Ballroom accommodating 1,440 guests for banquets.

1850westin.jpg

westin-charlotte.jpg

Cityboi: That's an awesome convention center hotel complex. I haven't really been there, but it surely looks great.

In Raleigh, Sheraton Capital Center Hotel is the largest hotel we have. It has 359 rooms, in 18 floors. The first picture is borrowed from Skyscrapers.com, the next two photos are mine, and the rest are taken from the hotel's own web site:

119229.jpg

DT-RaleighNC-88.jpg

DT-RaleighNC-273.jpg

gstroom.jpgbrdroom.jpg

social_sm.jpgpool.jpg

restaurant.jpg

bar_sm.jpg

Nothing special, unfortunately :( The new convention center hotel will certainly be larger (23 stories, 450 rooms), but still nowhere near Greensboro's or Charlotte's. That's OK, though, I'll be happy when it gets build... regardless.

The Sheraton Capital Center looks GREAT Raleigh-NC. It really has that historic look which is different from alot of Sheraton hotels. We've had many people that have come to Greensboro and said they couldn't believe that we had a hotel like that, especially with the Las Vegas style neon stretching to the top. Whats even more remarkable is that Greensboro Sheraton almost has more room than the largest Sheraton in Chicago.

somestyle, what can I say? The Westin looks awesome!. at 25-stories, i guess it would be the 2nd tallest hotel in the Carolinas. but the great thing about Charlotte's convention hotel is that its downtown. for some strange reason, hotels seem to struggle in downtown Greensboro. That why the Sheraton Four Seasons was built at the intersection of High Point Rd. and I-40 next to Four Seasons Mall and not downtown. Greensboro only has one large notel downtown and thats the 11-story Marriott. Its not one of your more sucessful hotels in Grensboro though

Unfortunately, Tuscaloosa has NO large hotels.

I mean, there's nothing over 200 rooms or 6 floors. It's embarrassing.

We hope to get a large hotel on the river downtown, but that's a few years off.

In the mean time, here's Alabama's tallest hotel, the Adam's Mark in downtown Mobile:

mobile-main.jpg

The above is very close to the RSA office tower, which will be the state's tallest building when it opens in 2006.

The Westin Providence

Built in 1993

25 Floors

364 Rooms

Skybridges to the Providence Place Mall and The Rhode Island Convention Centre

AAA 4 Diamond Rated

Largest Hotel in Rhode Island

Third tallest buidling in Rhode Island

Westin001.jpeg

Westin002.jpeg

Filenes-Westin.jpg

Westin003.jpg

Back in 1997 when I worked for a corporate and theatre production company, one of our projects took place in the Koury center in Greensboro. It is indeed a very nice facility, and you can see downtown Greensboro from the top, if memory serves. Actually, you can see a whole lot from the top. Nearly 30 floors up is a long way.

In Boston, the Sheraton Boston claims 1215 rooms. The Marriot Copley place claims 1147 rooms. Sorry I don't have a good picture of the Sheraton. The Marriot is the brown building in the picture (38 fllors). Copley Place also has a Westin hotel with 800 rooms (36 fllors). The Marriot time share hotel and the Ritz Carlton, Boston Common are probably both taller.

PixSept03066.jpg

Guest donaltopablo

Savannah's largest is the Westin Savannah Harbor Resort. It's also one of Savannah's newest hotels. It has 403 rooms and is 16 stories. It's actually across the river from DT Savannah next to the convention center.

na1169ex2_lg.jpg

BTW I got a chance to stay in this hotel a couple of years ago when it first opened. I must say, it was very choice.

Wow I always thought the Westin in Atlanta was the city's largest.

That resort hotel in Savannah looks awesome!

I also used to think the Westin was bigger, but it only has 1,068 rooms.

The Marriott is just a massive building!

The Westin is actually Atlanta's 3rd largest hotel. The Omni CNN Center Hotel will have 1,200 rooms or so after its new tower is complete.

Guest donaltopablo

Wow I always thought the Westin in Atlanta was the city's largest.

That resort hotel in Savannah looks awesome!

The resort in Savannah is very cool, both in looks and in style. Plus, there is a little boat ferry to take you across to river street.

Archived