Perservation Wayne Orientation

baldy

I was looking for the old preservation wayne thread to put this in, but it appears it was too old and is gone.

Preservation Wayne is a great organization that not only is involved in preserving, promoting and protecting Detroit architecture, but gives great walking tours of various Detroit locations throughout the summer.

They are having recruitment/orientation meetings on:

Saturday, March 5, 2005 and

Saturday, March 19, 2005

from 10:00am to noon at:

Hannan House (4750 Woodward) which is just south of Warren in Midtown and is on the east side.

This is a great opportunity to get involved and for you architecture students, this will look great on your resumes.....

I am unable to go this weekend, but will be at the 19th meeting.

Hopefully we can get a good group of people from here to join!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering about this while I was working on my renderings last night, so this is perfect timing.

This weekend is a no-go for me. It's spring break, so I'm leaving for home tonight, or tomorrow afternoon at the absolute latest. I will definately be at the meeting on the 19th though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Preservation Wayne will be holding their annual Volunteer Recruitment Meeting is occurring tomorrow, Saturday (March 11), 2006, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the beautiful Guardian Building, located at 500 Griswold on the corner of Griswold and Congress, in downtown Detroit.

The meeting will occur in the Lower Mezzanine Training Room - located down the stairs from the main lobby. Coffee and light refreshments will be served.

As preservation becomes more and more of a hot topic around town, opportunities for involvement abound at Preservation Wayne. Our popular Detroit Heritage Walking Tour season starts in May. If you enjoy walking and talking, volunteering as a guide may be just the right fit! Training will be provided by our experienced tour guides and will begin in April.

Are you more of a behind-the-scenes type? We are looking for experienced volunteers to get involved in our ongoing research opportunities. Or if you have something to say, our advocacy committee wants you to help us connect to stakeholders about the importance of preservation in our city. Preservation Wayne also has a presence at many events in the city throughout the year, and we need volunteers to represent us.

Preservation Wayne

Tapezord, shoot me a PM and I will give you the info of the people you need to contact. It's not too late...in fact, it's early. :)

We had a good turn out today...over 25 of the volunteer info packets were handed out.

There are a variety of other tasks in the organization. Everything from marketing to research to working with community organizations & community members. PW is working on getting a scholarship program started, among other things. I will post more later.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the late notice. Hopefully some people can still attend.

Here's the info for this year's recruitment meeting from Francis Grunow - Executive Director of Preservation Wayne.

Preservation Wayne Wants You. Love Detroit? Get Involved!

Detroit, MI-Preservation Wayne, Detroit

Archived