Danger Danger forum

yochillout

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my! Not city vs. city!! Those are among the most pointless threads in the world. All they do is put forumer vs forumer while each tries to justify why his city is "better" than the other's. Each city has its positives and negatives. There's not much sense in trying to determine which is the better of the two. After all, it just boils down to personal preference.

As for political discussions, like Spartan said, they are ok as long as they aren't inflamatory.

The Back Alley was more trouble than it was worth. I am glad it's gone.

^^ agreed. I think its essential to really think about why we all come to these boards, to teach and LEARN about the different places that dot the globe. I have personally learned a lot from this forum, but the only way you do that is keeping it civilized. No matter how many facts or rankings you throw out each city is unique and each city has its + and -'s (could be said about most political stances as well). Best thing this forum can do is be a place where one can learn about other cities and share the qualities of your own hometown or issues that are near to your heart with the world. Learning can't exist without "teaching" (and I say that in a sharing information way) and vice versa. Vs. I personally am cool with as long as it teaches me something and I can feel free to share information with others. Anyway I'll get off my soapbox right now just open up your mind and encourage information sharing! :)

So you wouldn't go back to that, and have city vs city's in there, and disputes over political things?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually feel free to start whatever subject you would like in the Coffee House. It's named as such because Coffee Houses have been discussion places all over the world for centuries. (and on all matters too) Just keep in mind that if he discussion gets nasty and personal, then the staff reserves the right to close it down.

"vs" threads are fair game if that is what you want to do.

You know, I don't think I once visited the Back Alley forum when we had it, lol. I've only recently started branching out to all the forums, rather than my usual region-specific threads.

I'm so thankful that UrbanPlanet is void of that juvenile drama. I've only seen a couple of angry threads, and even then, their content was debate-style. But this wonderfully diverse group of city-geeks seems to get along!

Archived