Bentley's on 27

Nostyle

Hey all, been a while since I posted here, but I figured I recently ate at one of Uptown's newer restaurants and figured I'd share my experience with you. The restaurant is called Bentley's on 27. It is a nice, upscale restaurant on the 27th (top) floor of Charlotte Plaza:

cplaza.jpg

Reservations are recommended but not required, and attire is business/casual. My father was in town on his way to Florida, so my wife and I took him there for dinner last night (while all the bowl game festivities were taking place on Tryon). I must say, this place is STUNNING. It's a beautiful view from up there. We ate on the south end of the restaurant, directly across from One Wachovia. The city lights up so beautifully at night, even though we weren't facing the 'heart' of Uptown. We could see all the way to Carowinds looking south. After dinner we walked around more of the restaurant to check out the view. Incredible.

The food was excellent, although pricey. We started out with crabcakes for an appetizer. Very good. The average entree' was in the $30s or so. I opted for the Duck a L'Orange. It was excellent. This place was really very good, although not the normal place I'd eat at (I'm more of a cheapskate). I highly recommend it if you have a few extra bucks to spend on a nice, upscale meal with an incredible view.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, been a while since I posted here, but I figured I recently ate at one of Uptown's newer restaurants and figured I'd share my experience with you.  The restaurant is called Bentley's on 27.  It is a nice, upscale restaurant on the 27th (top) floor of Charlotte Plaza:

cplaza.jpg

Reservations are recommended but not required, and attire is business/casual.  My father was in town on his way to Florida, so my wife and I took him there for dinner last night (while all the bowl game festivities were taking place on Tryon).  I must say, this place is STUNNING.  It's a beautiful view from up there.  We ate on the south end of the restaurant, directly across from One Wachovia.  The city lights up so beautifully at night, even though we weren't facing the 'heart' of Uptown.  We could see all the way to Carowinds looking south.  After dinner we walked around more of the restaurant to check out the view.  Incredible.

The food was excellent, although pricey.  We started out with crabcakes for an appetizer.  Very good.  The average entree' was in the $30s or so.  I opted for the Duck a L'Orange.  It was excellent.  This place was really very good, although not the normal place I'd eat at (I'm more of a cheapskate).  I highly recommend it if you have a few extra bucks to spend on a nice, upscale meal with an incredible view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i went right after it opened and concur with most of your comments being a cheapskate too... :o)

one note is that the service was too attentive to the point of being a bit annoying, but i think that might be because it was new

Archived