Lott 3 Architecture Buildings

joeDowntown

Lott 3 Architecture built the Purple East building on Ionia. They also have several other buildings on the drawing board including this residential building on Williams (and Ionia I believe). I emailed the guy about a year ago and he said they were working on funding. Does anyone have any details on this building?

wi_ext_large.jpg

Also, if you want to check out another building he is currently marketing, go to

Lott 3 Architecture

They also recently rehabbed a nice building on South Division that has several loft apartments. It looks very nice.

Joe

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project will happen. Give it time. The demand for downtown residential is pretty strong. They are probably looking at creative financing options, since banks typically don't like to lend a lot of money for projects in neighborhoods that they deem to be "risky". It's silly, but it's the way things work.

I talked emailed the architect and received this reply:

We are currently looking at some redesigns of that project for the owner

in an effort to move it along here in 2005.

Keep your eyes open for us in '05

Looks like this project is still on. It should be interesting what it looks like in its final form (bigger, smaller, traditional or contemporary).

Joe

• 6 months later...

http://www.lott3.com/urban/228ionia_ur.htm

maybe I havent been looking, but is this being built right now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know, no. They bring out that concept drawing every few months and tack it on the high fence surrounding the lot that the building is supposed to go on to try to sell space in the building.

I think most of Lott3s projects are Vaportecture at this point. -_-

Lott3 has a lot of big plans, but cannot seem to close the deal on most of them. They did finish the Douglas Building on South Division, but still no progress seen on 101 South Division, the old Reptile House, or the empty lot on Ionia. Ted Lott is very enthusiastic when it comes to downtown, and has a lot of good intentions, but needs to find a new marketer when it comes to his ideas. Just my two cents worth.

I think most of Lott3s projects are Vaportecture at this point.  -_-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is quite far from the truth. Ted and Greg own an architecture firm and they dabble in development here and there. Consequently they are busy doing work that pays the bills, i.e. architecture work. They have done a host of homes and a large number of commercial buildings. Including a new dentist office in Belmont, Sandmann's on Wealthy, Community Rebuilders on Wealthy and many others. Ted also was the Grand Valley AIA's Young Architect of the Year.

Development is not their mainstay work. If the project is right and all the pieces fall into place they'll do it. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board.

Nitro

This is quite far from the truth.  Ted and Greg own an architecture firm and they dabble in development here and there.  Consequently they are busy doing work that pays the bills, i.e. architecture work.  They have done a host of homes and a large number of commercial buildings.  Including a new dentist office in Belmont, Sandmann's on Wealthy, Community Rebuilders on Wealthy and many others.  Ted also was the Grand Valley AIA's Young Architect of the Year. 

Development is not their mainstay work.  If the project is right and all the pieces fall into place they'll do it.  Otherwise it's back to the drawing board.

Nitro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats good to know. These guys seem to have a lot of energy and great ideas but that empty lot next to Purple East with the weeds needs to go. Cut the grass and sell it. I just dont think the project they have planned there will ever happen.

Thats good to know. These guys seem to have a lot of energy and great ideas but that empty lot next to Purple East with the weeds needs to go. Cut the grass and sell it. I just dont think the project they have planned there will ever happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not even sure that they own it. If they are involved from a business standpoint it would be a minor relationship.

I think there's other forces at work there.

Nitro

I'm not even sure that they own it.

I believe the guy who started Purple East owns that lot. At one time, they were looking at locating a WMU bookstore on the bottom floor, and high end condos on the upper floors. Haven't heard anything about it for a long time, so it must have fell by the wayside.

Something will happen on this corner. It is only a matter of time. I like the Lott-3 designs and it has great visibility from 131. I hope they do something interesting with this property.

Joe

I believe the guy who started Purple East owns that lot.  At one time, they were looking at locating a WMU bookstore on the bottom floor, and high end condos on the upper floors.  Haven't heard anything about it for a long time, so it must have fell by the wayside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw some people working on the property last week. Maybe something is finally going to happen to this site. Development is creeping in from all sides and this site is one of the last vacant lots around. Also, the freeway visability should make this site PRIME. Anybody know if/what is planned?

I saw some people working on the property last week.  Maybe something is finally going to happen to this site.  Development is creeping in from all sides and this site is one of the last vacant lots around.  Also, the freeway visability should make this site PRIME.  Anybody know if/what is planned?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the very least, I hope they are cleaning up the lot. It is an absolute eyesore, and detracts from all of the positive development happening around it.

I believe the guy who started Purple East owns that lot.  At one time, they were looking at locating a WMU bookstore on the bottom floor, and high end condos on the upper floors.  Haven't heard anything about it for a long time, so it must have fell by the wayside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right. Nisar Mulla who USED to own Purple East owns that lot. He is a friend of a friend, but I haven't seen him in years.

At the very least, I hope they are cleaning up the lot.  It is an absolute eyesore, and detracts from all of the positive development happening around it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, it would be nice to see the City do some clean up of the area and restrict the overnight campers in Heartside Park. It's a nice place but with the "campers" there it makes it difficult to get positive development in the area. With all the new development creeping in, is Trotter's place being pressured to relocate?

Archived