TallySheet

bobliocatt

LOL, sounds like an interesting trip through NOLA. :P

I dont know if this is what happened to your church group, but it seems that many bus drivers not familiar with the New Orleans area that are coming east on I-10 take Interstate 310 before they get into New Orleans, thinking it is a byspass of downtown, while it really is a spur route that goes south into south Saint Bernard Parish, and after spending around 30 minutes on I-310, and after seeing the Gulf of Mexico pop up in the horizon, they realize they went the wrong way. :lol:

That's what happened to us, I believe.

Here's the pictures I took while I was there

I'll being to Toronto next year with my church group, so I'm sure I'll have fun there!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice pictures, IC! San Antonio is a very beautiful city.

Unfortunately, there seems to be alot of bad blood between San Antonio and New Orleans because of the Saints situation, but I have nothing against SA.

I think you'll love Toronto! I was able to spend a week up there last summer, and I loved it. Great urban density, great downtown area, great natural beauty, great people, and all the things you would want on a visit to a city. It really reminded me of a smaller New York City, because of the entertainmaint districts around town, and the amount of business going on there because it is the largest city in Canada.

I hope TJ doesn't mind discussions about San Antonio, New Orleans, and Toronto in the Tallahasee off-topic thread! :P

Edited by NCB

Very nice pictures, IC! San Antonio is a very beautiful city.

Unfortunately, there seems to be alot of bad blood between San Antonio and New Orleans because of the Saints situation, but I have nothing against SA.

I think you'll love Toronto! I was able to spend a week up there last summer, and I loved it. Great urban density, great downtown area, great natural beauty, great people, and all the things you would want on a visit to a city. It really reminded me of a smaller New York City, because of the entertainmaint districts around town, and the amount of business going on there because it is the largest city in Canada.

I hope TJ doesn't mind discussions about San Antonio, New Orleans, and Toronto in the Tallahasee off-topic thread! :P

From an outsider's perspective, the San Antonio-new Orleans situation seems to be more or less "over"-hype from a few immature people in New Orleans (you are not one of them).

I had a couple of pictures of New Orleans, but they didn't turn out too well because:

a) They were taken inside of a bus

b) It was 2 am in the morning.

I did see the scrapers in downtown, though.

Toronto does sound like an excellent place to go.

It seems that many New Orleanians are simply blaming the city of San Antonio and it's residents for the Saints future home situation, while that should not be the case. 99% of my anger is directed towards Tom Benson, who is trying to just take the team away from a city after forty years, withou't even giving it a chance to rebuild. The NFL is saying that no one knows what New Orleans is going to be like in 5-10 years, so why not keep the Saints there for a few more years, and see how the city handles the rebuilding process, how the Saints are supported by the fan base, etc., and Benson just keeps saying that it is his team and there is no way that they can play in New Orleans, even though the Superdome will be ready with the upgrades that he has been asking for since '95 by next football season, and the training facility is good as new. :rolleyes: And all season long he has fired the high officials of the team that supported going back to Louisiana. But hey, New Orleans will move forward with or without the Saints. I just think what Benson is doing is very wrong.

Now, I think we should get back to some Tallahasse stuff. :lol:

Whats going on that's off topic down there, TJ?

I just joined, and my mission is to be the first person to reach 1000 posts in a short time.

Welcome to the forum! You have quite a task before you if you'd like to be the first to do that! :) I'm sure Tallahassee welcomes its latest member.

Come visit the Atlanta forum sometime! :)

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you just assume Tallahasseeans are interested in Atlanta, and that it doesn't go both ways huh!? You're wrong man, you're wrong... but I won't hate you for it.

First of all, I never assumed that all, or any, Tallahasseeans were interested in Atlanta. Secondly, I just don't know how many Atlantans know a lot abut Tallahassee. It's not exactly the most talked about city in the nation.

Third, I figured you were joking and I am sorry that I disected every little bit of your post :)

First of all, I never assumed that all, or any, Tallahasseeans were interested in Atlanta. Secondly, I just don't know how many Atlantans know a lot abut Tallahassee. It's not exactly the most talked about city in the nation.

Third, I figured you were joking and I am sorry that I disected every little bit of your post :)

I was joking. I probably should have made it obvious with a smilie, but I wound't have gotten such an interesting response from you. :lol:

You're driving slow buddy!!!

When I drive to Atlanta it takes 4 hours 4.5 tops... Orlando... 3.5, Birmingham 4, 2.5 to Montgomery on 27...N.O. 5-6, straight down I-10. Never been to Houston in my car, but I've flown.

Enough time to drive and have most of the day left over. But I encourage mass transit people. FLY TLH!