Portal

Neo

I've been working on a portal and finally got it up and running. You can get to the portal by either visiting http://www.urbanplanet.org or by clicking Portal on the forums menu at the top. To get to the forums from the Portal just click "Forums" on the top menu (to the left of Help). XML is used on the portal to dynamically pull news as soon as it appears. New features will inevitably go onto the portal page but this should get us started. Please post likes/dislikes here regarding the new portal.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it.

Can you exclude forums from the latests posts section. I.E. not include the Coffee House and Introduce Yourself and Forum Issues so that we don't see too many non-urban topic threads appearing there?

How about rotating the image? Perhaps forumers can submit some of their best photos from their cities. (Maybe rotate the UP Gear image as well...)

Can you exclude forums from the latests posts section. I.E. not include the Coffee House and Introduce Yourself and Forum Issues so that we don't see too many non-urban topic threads appearing there?

Nope

How about rotating the image? Perhaps forumers can submit some of their best photos from their cities. (Maybe rotate the UP Gear image as well...)

I'll look into that!!

SWEET.  Is there gonna be a place where we can post pics of photo threads and stuff like the old one?

That was a lot of work from your superiors, LOL! Don't look for something like that anytime soon, but it does leave openings for additions in the future that we couldn't otherwise do.

BTW, I placed an image rotator on the portal page, so it will now randomly display a different skyline! :D

I like the new portal!

The Portal is the homepage, but it it is also a gateway, if you will, of what the latest discussions are throughout the forum. Hence the name "portal."

The old portal was alot of manual upkeep. Thats why I like the new one better ;)

That rotating image thing is awsome.

hah now i finnally click on the 'Forum' button! :D:rofl:

well i was surprised yet somewhat mad(well, im always mad when i see unexpected changes)... but now im used to it :thumbsup: . i kinda like it, but i dont really use it too much, i havent read anything much there... but hey i like the

'UrbanPlanet.org Gear' thing with the dog :rofl: ... ok ill tell you the truth i dont use it at all :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived