Gameday Condos near Williams-Brice Stadium

emerging.me

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:offtopic:

i WISH i HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO BUILD A lUXURY RESORT OUT PAST THE STADIUM...MAYBE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF I-77 GOING TOWARD THE NEW FAMERS MARKET. :whistling: (Sorry just realized I had the CAPS on ...I'm not retyping that). I think that would be a good area for such a development. It would service people going to USC games, and people who want to stay in Columbia, just not intown. Plus there is enough land to have lakes and golf courses and tennis courts and all of that resort type stuff. I think it would be a great tourist :camera: attraction....too bad I have no money. :dontknow:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So far, about two-thirds of the 471 condos built or under construction around Williams-Brice Stadium are sold or under contract. Sales spiked early in the fledgling market, as fans and investors snapped up the most desirable or most affordable units during last football season. Since then, sales have slowed. Interest in the stadium area among developers and entrepreneurs is still strong. But the focus is changing from luxury condominiums to more mixed development

439-cockiminiums-070718.standalone.prod_affiliate.74.jpg

Jaco's Corner up for sale

The State reports that "Jaco's Corner" is up for sale. This is significant because if its location across the street from the State Fairgrounds and 1 block from Williams-Brice Stadium. Apparently it is being marketed as a possible location for a hotel. IMO, this would be a big improvement for that seedy-looking corner and go a long way towards improving the area close to the stadium.

• 1 month later...

Now that football season has started and I'm making constant trips down to Columbia...I have a few questions.

Overall, how are these doing? They seem to announcing new ones, so I take that as a good sign. Is there potential for a lot more?

And is there any new on the Farmer's Market site. Man, that place is an eyesore...can't wait to see it gone.

And how is The Loose Cockaboose doing? Will we see more entertainment options down there?

Thanks for helping out an out-of-towner.

Houston-based Dinerstein Cos., a development firm, plans to build a 196-unit student apartment complex on the site of the Shuman-Owens building supply company on Shop Road. The apartments would be across the street from The Gates at Williams-Brice gameday condo project, development by the same company. A Dinerstein official previously had said the company was considering another gameday condo complex as a companion to The Gates. But sales of the condos have slowed, and documents show the company has decided to go another direction.

Houston-based Dinerstein Cos., a development firm, plans to build a 196-unit student apartment complex on the site of the Shuman-Owens building supply company on Shop Road. The apartments would be across the street from The Gates at Williams-Brice gameday condo project, development by the same company. A Dinerstein official previously had said the company was considering another gameday condo complex as a companion to The Gates. But sales of the condos have slowed, and documents show the company has decided to go another direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived