North Charlotte void of Sears/JC Penney?

DigitalSky

With Northlake Mall coming along... its surprising that in north mecklenburg county there are no plans for Sears or JC Penney. Do you think that this area needs a Sears or JCPenney store. Theres a Sears at Eastland, and Sears and JCP at Carolina Place, leaving the county with only two Sears stores and only one JCPenney store. (SouthPark's Sears closed in 2003, Eastland's JCPenney closed in 2002)..

Take a look at Wake County, for example. The county has 3 Sears stores, 2 in Raleigh and one in Cary. And who says Sears can't be at upscale malls? It is at Raleigh's Crabtree Valley Mall, Triangle Town Center and at Durham's Southpoint. JCPenney should consider a north mecklenburg county area store too, i think.

Its also intruiging that there is no Wal-Mart in the cornelius/davidson/huntersville area. By comparison, South mecklenburg has 2 supercenters already, and 3 regular wal-mart stores (albemarle, arboretum, eastway). There is a regular Wal-Mart in the University area.

your thoughts?...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its also intruiging that there is no Wal-Mart in the cornelius/davidson/huntersville area.  By comparison, South mecklenburg has 2 supercenters already, and 3 regular wal-mart stores (albemarle, arboretum, eastway).  There is a regular Wal-Mart in the University area. 

your thoughts?...

Which is why people seem to be flogging to the cornelius/davidson/huntersville area. Wal-Mart is a love and hate relationship for most people. They love having them close to them for easy shopping access but don't want to live near them because of the projects it seems to bring along with it, not to mention horrendous traffic anywhere near a Wal-Mart.

For me Wal-Mart is just a hate relationship. I think N. Mecklenburg is lucky not to have these stores littering the landscape.

I don't shop at Sears or JC Penny either so not having them around in N Meck wouldn't bother me if I lived there. N Meck is also lucky to not have these sprawl monster big boxes that really add nothing to the area.

Archived