Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

not only is the backside better than expected... if you haven't already, drive on 2-77 off of 77 around 5:30ish. with the sunset reflecting off of trademark's backside - it is truly one the most beautiful building facades in the city, imo. i have thought that for awhile, but was waiting to see it further to completion. it is an absolute 180 from the back of courtside. furman knows how to make adjustments...

maybe we should consider him as a replacement to dan henning (offensive cordinator of the panthers).

someone should take a picture of the back of trademark @ sunset, even though it isn't finished - it looks great. it's going to be legendary. :)

i will get around to taking a picture if someone doesn't beat me to the punch.

Or maybe no body wanted to buy the ones on those floors with slightly less floor space. If you look at the D1 floorplan on their website, it would make that corner less useful if they actually did the indentations. I'm sure people didn't want that just for something subtle in the facade design.

Frankly, when the tower was half completed or so I was concerned it might be a bit too sleak and modern looking compared to the Post Modern gracefulness of Carillion Tower nextdoor.

Boy was I wrong!

The most recent pics here show a proud highrise, with cool features (loving the fin!) And it looks really statuesque now that it's coming to completion. Trademark and Carillon make quite a pair!

Who knows-----Trademark might even become an Uptown icon. You don't have to be the tallest to be one of the best:)

Trademark is looking really sweet. They have done a good job of concealing the garage. Restaurant on the ground floor would be a nice addition. Something different in uptown such as a Wild Wings, Sushi, or even better - a NON CHAIN restaurant. I think it will be hard to find a non-chain restaurant that can pay for leasing space in uptown

You will start to see a lot more people eating out on Trade street with both Avenue and Trademark completing in 2008 right ?

They have had some bad issues with the health department. I don't think I would want to eat at that place now.

I do think Charlotte needs a good "real" sushi restaurant downtown. I would like to a nice upscale mechanized sushi restaurant. There was one put up in Chapel Hill, so they ought to be able to put one here. These are mostly cheap place in Japan, but in western big cities they are fairly upscale places. They could do either one.

They have had some bad issues with the health department. I don't think I would want to eat at that place now.

I do think Charlotte needs a good "real" sushi restaurant downtown. I would like to a nice upscale mechanized sushi restaurant. There was one put up in Chapel Hill, so they ought to be able to put one here. These are mostly cheap place in Japan, but in western big cities they are fairly upscale places. They could do either one.

I hate to incorporate this into the thread but my favorite Sushi restaurant in all of Charlotte area is up in Mooresville. Joel's Grill is unbelievable.

It's not upscale at all but their fish is just incredible and presentation is amazing.

Bottom line, a nice sushi restaurant in uptown would be nice...preferrably with no health issues. Nikko is good but we need one in one of the Wards.

Also, I would like to add, being Korean-American myself, I would like to have a Korean restaurant here in Charlotte, most typically downtown, just because I never get to taste Korean food as often as I would like to. I don't know of any Korean restaurant here in Charlotte, the last one I heard of, Koryo Garden closed down on South Boulevard. Korean food, if you've ever tried, has become a really popular delicacy everywhere else. I know it's popular in Fort Lee, New Jersey, which is where I'm originally from, the korean restaurants there not only cater to the Korean community, but I saw a lot of non-korean residents from around Fort Lee enjoying a traditional korean dinner. When I was in Atlanta, on Buford Highway you see tons of Korean restaurants alongside the road, even though not as many Koreans actually live on or near Buford, the same with Duluth, Ga. From what I've heard even Greensboro has a wide selection of Korean restaurants, and Charlotte is Bigger! <_< especially with their new Fantacity complex, with a mixture of all types of ethnic food choices.

Interesting that a Korean restaurant would be called 'Kyoto' as that's the name of a city in Japan, and there's still quite a bit of bad blood between Japan and Korea even over 60 years since the war ended.

Are you sure Kyoto isn't a Japanese restaurant that perhaps serves some Korean dishes?

Archived