emerging.me

Went downtown with the *new* (replacement) camera today and took some pics (more carefully this time) of the freshly refurbed block of Main Street. They're still not done, but it's sweet. Wide sidewalks, new landscaping and lighting. It's excellent. I didn't expect that much of a change -- it really feels totally different. And the Meredian Building is awesome close up! That whole block (with the Arcade building, etc) is gonna be awesome in the next few months. Anyway, took some pics of it and some of the other not-yet-totally-spiffed-up blocks as well. Some neat shots here...

Check out the pics!

meredian_thumbnail.jpg

There are also a few of the CanalSide site. You can't really tell where the river is in the shots, but for you non-Columbians... that treeline on the horizon is the opposite bank.

Also note that the traffic signals that you see hanging on powerlines in some of the pics are temporary -- they'll be removed after the refurb.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't notice that until I got home and looked at the pics! Isn't that crazy?! lol

Also, you're right about the trees. On the "new" blocks they're leaving the large old trees on the corners and replacing the trees down the block with newly planted ones. It's cool at night -- they've all got strands of white lights in them.

Nice! I haven't been down there since I took those pics. My wife works downtown, but I don't get down there as much as I'd like. We want to move down there eventually but are waiting for the right opportunity. Been kind of putting a lot of our hopes into CanalSide... hope they don't screw it up. :) Depending on the weather, I think I'll setup my laptop down at Jammin' Java and work from there tomorrow! If it's dry I'll take some pics.

Archived