Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at age 56

cityboi

Steve Jobs is dead at age 56. Jobs had been suffering from various health issues following the seven-year anniversary of his surgery for a rare form of pancreatic cancer in August 2004

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/05/scitech/main20116338.shtml

jobs.jpg

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates in the early 1980s

steve-jobs-bill-gates.jpg

Steve Jobs in 1984 at age 29

steve_jobs.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who uses many devices day in and day out that would have never come to fruition without Steve's insight and boldness, I will miss Steve dearly. The world has lost one of the greatest visionaries. Today as I turn on my Mac Pro, take out my MacBook Air and iPad from my bag, check my iPhone constantly, and wear my Field Trip to the Apple Store t-shirt, I will do so in honor of the man who made all of these things possible.

:cry:

I'm not an Apple die-hard like some others are. Though, my life was definitely affected by his innovations. Most of us probably haven't bought a CD in years because of him. I'll never forget the first iPod I got. I've had 3 different iterations of it since then. I thought it was the coolest thing and he of course took it a step further with the iPhone and iPad. Definitely our generation's Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. RIP, Steve.

Archived