Saginaw development

ZachariahDaMan

Let's get some discussion going on development in Saginaw. I'm haven't been there lately so I'm not sure what all is going on downtown but I plan to go in the near future.

The 6-story Bearinger Building, built in 1891-1892 just sold at an auction for $110,000. It has been vacant since late 2008. Hopefully something will be done with the building soon.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/05/saginaws_history_bearinger_fir.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Berringer was one of those strange buildings downtown. It was occupied but always appeared abandoned. It has some pretty legit stores on the ground level and an excellent coffee and sandwich shop which moved down to Federal street into space close to the Jacobson's compound. I know Berringers was somewhat of a hostel for awhile. Lots of people in their 20's would always be hanging around there. I've even heard rumors there was a recording studio there. Basically just a bunch of random stuff piled in that place.

I haven't heard much downtown news for Saginaw. Of course I've been completely out of the loop since moving to Chicago. When I used to work downtown on Genesee Street, there were definitely some improvements happening, but they were painstakingly slow. Anything positive business-wise was happening on the West Side around oldtown.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's get some discussion going on development in Saginaw. I'm haven't been there lately so I'm not sure what all is going on downtown but I plan to go in the near future.

The 6-story Bearinger Building, built in 1891-1892 just sold at an auction for $110,000. It has been vacant since late 2008. Hopefully something will be done with the building soon.

http://www.mlive.com...ringer_fir.html

Archived