topic about atlanta georgia on how fast the city has growed over the years

kendal 8

Can anyone believe how fast atlanta has growed over the years looking back at old pictures of atlanta in the old days atlanta has really came a long way in the years. Here is some pictures below of downtown atlanta in the 1960s

Downtown atlanta in the 1960s

atlanta1960.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now look at how big and how far atlanta has came today. These are newer pictures of atlanta this is what atlanta looks like today

Newer pictures of atlanta look how far atlanta has growed over the years

Downtown-Atlanta-Helicopter.jpg

newer pictures of atlanta look how far its growed

cover-downtown.jpg

Speaking of georgia what will the other popular cities in georgia augusta columbus savvanah and macon look like 25 years from now. Here is what I think the cities in georgia will look like 25 years from now

1.Number one atlanta I think atlanta will look like los angelos 25 years from now

2.Number two augusta georgia I think augusta georgia will look more like birmingham alabama 25 years from now

3.Number three columbus georgia its really hard to say about columbus georgia because the city is dragging there butts behind on downtown bad but I will make a guess I think downtown columbus will look more like downtown memphis tennesee 25 years from now

4.Number four savvanah georgia I think savvanah georgia will look more like knoxville tennessee 25 years from now

5.Number five macon georgia I think macon georgia will look more like downtown buffalo new york 25 years from now

And also one more question speaking about atlanta georgia how far south to macon and columbus does anybody think atlanta will grow.Well in my opionion I dont think atlanta will grow that far down into macon georgia and columbus georgia but it would be cool if it did grow that far down south because then atlanta would be called the giant city of the south but it may be pretty close growing that far down south but who knows for all we know it may grow that far down south nobody knows what may happen they always say the south will rise again.So im guessing atlanta may grow as far south as hogansville georgia.And the reason why im saying atlanta will grow as far south as hogansville georgia is because of the new road construction they have going on in that area where hogansville is up to where newnan georgia is because in this area they are widdening the roads and putting up new barrier walls and road inafrasture

And also one more question speaking about atlanta georgia how far south to macon and columbus does anybody think atlanta will grow.Well in my opionion I dont think atlanta will grow that far down into macon georgia and columbus georgia but it would be cool if it did grow that far down south because then atlanta would be called the giant city of the south but it may be pretty close growing that far down south but who knows for all we know it may grow that far down south nobody knows what may happen they always say the south will rise again.So im guessing atlanta may grow as far south as hogansville georgia.And the reason why im saying atlanta will grow as far south as hogansville georgia is because of the new road construction they have going on in that area where hogansville is up to where newnan georgia is because in this area they are widdening the roads and putting up new barrier walls and road inafrasture

its very difficult to say just how far atl will grow it has been projected though that metro atlanta will swallow the cities of columbus and macon. as of now atlantas growth is knocking on macons door and drawing ever so closer to columbus just look at the I85 widening coming as close to meriweather county to better handle atlanta traffic influx thats a very short drive from columbus Also your current pictures of downtown Atlanta are a bit out of date they still have fulton county stadium in them which was torn down in the late 90s

Archived