"Tri-Cities" Name Exists No More

wolverine

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Lakes Bay Region is a little too cumbersome like the article said. I don't think it will stick either and honestly I think it doesn't make any sense. Which bay? Obviously reading the article, they mean Saginaw Bay, but Great Lakes Bay. Which one, Saginaw, Grand Traverse, Keweenaw, Whitefish, Little Traverse, Thunder, Green, Nottawasaga or Long Point Bay. I'm sure there are more that I can't think of and I'm from the Great Lakes State. How are people not from here supposed to know? They should have stuck with the Tri-Cities in my long, rambling opinion.

While I do not like the new moniker, there are a lot of Tri-Cities across the US that was confusing on a national or maybe global scale. I think the Saginaw Valley Region would have been better, many people already use the term, there is the university named after it and all three cities are in it.

Cumbersome, but I'm not sure how it could be any less accurate than "Tri-Cities" considering that their are tri-cities and tri-counties all over the country. I like the sound of the more geographical and unique Bay Region. I like Saginaw Valley, too, except that Midland's not really in the phyiscal valley, I don't think.

Archived