Nightclub Update

Liamlunchtray

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't, but I will find out. I get the impression that their lease isn't being renewed. The building is in horrific condition. We where shooting for a movie about Neutral Nation there this summer and I noticed that in the back there was so much rot you could actually see into the place from the outside. It really served a great purpose as a place for just starting out local bands. In its previous incarnation it had been more like Lupos with larger touring bands (Sonic Youth, Nine Inch Nails, REM, Ramones, Bon Jovi, all sorts of people)

Met Cafe was the best. Small, low cover, and not nearly as skanky as the LR.

And the irony is...

The Paul Cuffee School next door - where the little Fry-lette went - tried over and over to buy that property to expand their school. Eventually, they gave up and cut a deal to buy land across the street in what's now a parking lot. And now the LR is closed.

Also, I thought that LR owned that bldg. No?

• 5 weeks later...

I can't say about new venues, but I've learned recently that Sticky Fingers acts as a performance venue. I don't know if this is news or if it's just news to me, but I was sure surprised. When I found out about a show there, I was like "Hmmmm, ribs and rappers." Almost made me wanna stay up for legs and eggs nearby, just because it's also fun to say.

Archived