Tropical Cyclone FAY

seminole

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my.....thanks for answering that question jpl02. I believe she was a graduate of Leon H.S.

My first time living here seminole I experienced Kate.

I find it funny that Floridians are being told what to call a Hurricane/TS/TD/Cyclone. Once you're in/under one, I just call it scary. :)

The bottom line for where Fay will end up is when and where she begins making the turn NNW/NW and then North.

I go here FL Hurricane plus of course NOAA. The site I linked has all the up-to-date model stuff plus discussion boards. Many of those on the discussion boards are current meteorologist and retired ones plus a lot of wx junkies. Most of the folks are from FL and several from the P-handle and NFL.

I've been wathcing this closely too. Its looking as of this morning that we are becoming more in the clear, but you never know for sure. I like this site a lot, it is out of Tampa, but has a lot of maps that include Tallahassee, and also includes a chat feature like the link Poonther included. Here's the link:

www.myfoxhurricane.com

Here's hoping we at least get some rain out of this thing.

I've been wathcing this closely too. Its looking as of this morning that we are becoming more in the clear, but you never know for sure. I like this site a lot, it is out of Tampa, but has a lot of maps that include Tallahassee, and also includes a chat feature like the link Poonther included. Here's the link:

www.myfoxhurricane.com

Here's hoping we at least get some rain out of this thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah no news agency is really discussing its path right now because of Gustav doing what it is, but you may be right.

On a side note, I managed to get a picture of some of Fay's fury. This is the Golden Eagle golf course, close to where I live. Off to the left of the photo is a nice scenic lake. Down the hill to the right is a road leading to the country club that was in two feet of fast moving water the day of the storm. What you're seeing is a golf cart path totally eroded away.

DSC00463.jpg

Archived