13-story hotel proposed for former Leopold Brothers pub site in Ann Arbor

WALD0123

"A local developer wants to build a 13-story hotel on the site of the recently vacated Leopold Brothers brew pub on South Main Street near downtown Ann Arbor.

Located at the bottom of the hill on the block between Packard and Madison streets, the 90,610-square-foot hotel would have 139 rooms, according to plans submitted to the city Planning Department.

An additional parcel of land across Main Street, now a vacant lot, would provide 45 parking spaces for the hotel. The lot would be accessible from Main Street and Ashley Street, according to the plans."

http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2008/06...ed_for_for.html

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I think I'm still in the mourning period over the loss of Leopold Bros. and it's too soon to move on to something new.

That said, it would be good to have something there, I thought it would be a tricky building and location to re-lease. And it would certainly be an excellent location to stay in for football saturdays with easy walkability to the stadium and up to the restaurants of Main Street. It seems there has been a rash of hotel proposals downtown recently. I believe a new downtown hotel is an excellent idea but I can't imagine there is enough demand for more than one.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like a good proposal. Ann Arbor is going to need more hotel rooms if we want to have a viable convention center here, and this is a good start. As for football Saturdays, there really are no good hotel options right in town or next to central campus. Seems like this is an excellent opportunity!

This sounds like a good proposal. Ann Arbor is going to need more hotel rooms if we want to have a viable convention center here, and this is a good start. As for football Saturdays, there really are no good hotel options right in town or next to central campus. Seems like this is an excellent opportunity!

Archived