CT/NY DOT Question regarding I-684

If anyone has any insight into this, just curious---

I-684 crosses into Connecticut for about a mile. Who is responsible for the maintenance etc. of this stretch of highway? Does the CT DOT actually retain the rights to it? Would NY DOT snow plows actually pick up their plows for a mile?

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone has any insight into this, just curious---

I-684 crosses into Connecticut for about a mile. Who is responsible for the maintenance etc. of this stretch of highway? Does the CT DOT actually retain the rights to it? Would NY DOT snow plows actually pick up their plows for a mile?

Thanks

If you actually go down 684 in the Greenwich section, it looks and feels like a New York road, except for a small green sign saying entering and leaving Greenwich, Connecticut at the state line. (It looks similar to the signs you'd see entering a village on a state road, one with the outline of Connecticut and the city name inside.)

The road has no connection to anything in Connecticut, not even an access road for emergency vehicles.

If you actually go down 684 in the Greenwich section, it looks and feels like a New York road, except for a small green sign saying entering and leaving Greenwich, Connecticut at the state line. (It looks similar to the signs you'd see entering a village on a state road, one with the outline of Connecticut and the city name inside.)

The road has no connection to anything in Connecticut, not even an access road for emergency vehicles.

Archived