waste of space !?!

istrian

picture.gifAs you can see in this (few years old) picture, there are three construction sites

, but still remains a lot of parking lots-huge & ugly empty spaces to be filled with parks or scrapers.

Anybody knows some future projects regarding it ???

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing a picture, only a red X:(

Fog god sake I've tried so hard to post that picture here but obviously

I didn't make it.

I'm so sorry and so frustrated !?!

Why can't I find out how to post an image in here (or in any similar forum)???

I don't think I'am to stupid to find out how to do that, I just need some help;

Enybody can guide me through that procedure ????? :(

I almost thought someone was calling this section a waste of space when I first saw the title LOL ;)

istrian - right click your picture, click on "Properties" in the drop down menu, select what's in the "Address/URL" section, and copy and paste it within [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] without the spaces.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it appears that way. Toronto is a much more vibrant city than Detroit though. It probably won't be long before those lots are developed. I wish I could say that for the parking lots in downtown Detroit.

Yeah, there's an embarrassingly high number of surface lots in part of downtown Toronto and in the case of the waterfront I suppose it can be attributed to the Gardiner freeway that runs through the area, and divides the waterfront from the rest of the city. One possible solution to that is to extent PATH down to the waterfront.

You can also see in this pic that there's not much street-level retail, but mostly condos and the Westin hotel.

picture.gifAs you can see in this (few years old) picture, there are three construction sites

, but still remains a lot of parking lots-huge & ugly empty spaces to be filled with parks or scrapers.

Anybody knows some future projects regarding it ???

I tried to post an excelent aerial shot of that wasted space between the downtown core & queen's quay area but it didn't work, anyway here's some other photos of

the same area.

This:

1259745.jpg

or this:

toh2002_052.jpg

or this:

3309dcp_0438__medium_.jpg

or this:

lh_skyline.jpg

I think a lot of that land is just up in the air right now with the waterfront plan trying to happen... parking lots are just a temporary thing to make money while the plans are put in place? Just my theory.

Temporary, how long ?

It's already too long to wait,

but what else a simple beholder can do.....

Archived