Central City-Muhlenberg County Slammed by Tornado!

Lexy

Preliminary reports from my mom and dad in Central City is that power is out all over the city, they have closed off Greenville and Central City and are not letting people in or out. One hotel in Central City was damaged and countless homes and business' were damaged. My dad has said cars have been tossed around all over the area and trees are down everywhere. Muhlenberg County Coroner has confirmed three dead in Central City from the tornado.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had extremely high winds in the Lexington area about 1:30 - 2:00 AM today. Lots of power out in Lexington areas. Roads closed from downed trees. I'm afraid to go out and look at my roof. But, I guess I'll have to sooner or later.

The citizens and victims in Kentucky who were impacted by these storms have my deepest sympathies, - as do those across the Mid-South. The impact and ramifications of these storms will be felt by many individuals and communities for months and years to come and we all need to keep them in our thoughts.

Archived