Theatre District

bic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Kuhn proposal that was in the OBJ a long long time ago (Before Kuhn ran into his financial issues). I will say one thing that Kuhn has quite the visions. I hope he rebounds financially to pull some more of these projects off like this one and Dolive..I have a feeling the AMC is going to be huge along with the arena in this part of town and he might be alright in a year or two. Even the Donald has run into trouble here and there....

It's a Kuhn proposal that was in the OBJ a long long time ago (Before Kuhn ran into his financial issues).

I didn't realize this project has been on the drawing board for so long already. For those in the know, does this thing have any legs now or should we immediately write it off?

I am wondering what the city will say about it being right behind The Plaza and Solaire. Exact same architect exact same visors for the 5 towers in a two block radius. On top of that is looks to be only say about, 367' or 373'. Which is decent but just can't help the proximity and similar design. I think they would really have to use a multitude of materials to differentiate it. Since this is Kuhn Co. don't know that that is an option. Then again I just love new towers.

I happen to like it a lot. Probably the greatest thing it has going for it is the lack of a parking garage pedestal, which allows for that neat retail alley between the two towers. The usual tired Baker Barrios design elements don't bother me so much in this concept-- I actually like the visor, mini spire, and curving walls. The site plan is very unique for Orlando and reminds me of Toronto's City Hall, especially if one were to rotate the shorter tower and rotunda 180-degrees.

Tdot's City Hall

city-hall_spacing_superwide.jpg

that's where Clubhouse and mad Cow are.

That church at Rosalind and Pine is pretty old... can't remember what faces Church St. though... I think it's that 4-5 story w/red awning bldg. along Magnolia & Church...

The Clubhouse and Mad Cow Building remains in the rendering....

The Clubhouse and Mad Cow Building remains in the rendering....

I see the Clubhouse bldg is still there too, the church and church buildings are gone. But the clubhouse bldg adjoins a church buidling (not the actual church on the corner of Pine and Rosiland). Looks like from the rendering it was sliced out. ???

This looks pretty close to the TT site. I wonder if there will be any conflicts should it progress any further.

With the hotel going into the the south tower of Tradition Towers, the only views this development would block would be that of the hotel guests, so there shouldn't be any commotion about it. If anything, The Solaire people should be the ones upset about it, but since they're both Kuhn properties I don't think there will be much of a problem there either.

With the hotel going into the the south tower of Tradition Towers, the only views this development would block would be that of the hotel guests, so there shouldn't be any commotion about it. If anything, The Solaire people should be the ones upset about it, but since they're both Kuhn properties I don't think there will be much of a problem there either.

I know this isnt this thread but i havent been on this site for a while.Any news on TT

Any new news about Tradition Towers?

• 2 years later...

Archived