Visiting Minneaplis

ORLANDOJBBOY

I will be visiting Minneapolis next week for a day or two, and i need a couple things to see, cool buildings, neat things downtown, cool photo spots to take some pictures, not really into museums. If anyone has an idea for me that would be great i have never been there and have no idea. I will probably visit the Mall of America just to see it but i dont know what else there is to do, thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed your request today. You've likely already completed your trip. If so, hope you had a good visit. If its still coming up, here's a brief overview of places to check out:

1. Uptown/Lyn-Lake -- Centered along Lake St & Hennepin Ave and Lyndale & Lake St (very busy streetlife, used bookshops, good restaurants and bars)

2. Eat Street (S. Nicollet around 26th Street) for ethnic restaurants (The Mpls Inst of Arts is also nearby)

3. Lakes District: Just west of Uptown--includes Lakes Calhoun, Isles, Harriet and Cedar lake: Each lake has its own personality : Calhoun is mostly 20s-30s age group, Harriet is more family oriented (with a trolley, Rose garden and Bandshell), Isles is lined with mansions, and Cedar is more remote

4. Downtown: Warehouse District or S. Nicollet Mall for restaurants and nightlife

The IDS Ctr is the 100% heart of dwtn (see the Crystal Court)

Nicollet Mall: Interesting pedestrian/transit mall lined with retail stores and restaurants

5. The Riverfront: Great views of the skyline and historic mills from the Stone Arch Bridge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be in Minneapolis in March for a long weekend - we are flying in from Grand Rapids and are looking for a unique hotel downtown near rail lines or transit routes for a moderate price. I HATE the Expedias and Hotels.coms so I am leaning on YOU Minny to tell us where to stay and why - also looking for a good Greek or Turkish restaraunt in DT as well. Suggestions??? Thanks

My wife and I will be in Minneapolis in March for a long weekend - we are flying in from Grand Rapids and are looking for a unique hotel downtown near rail lines or transit routes for a moderate price. I HATE the Expedias and Hotels.coms so I am leaning on YOU Minny to tell us where to stay and why - also looking for a good Greek or Turkish restaraunt in DT as well. Suggestions??? Thanks

Archived