My 'Dream Development'

iluvcport

The recent topic about the dream roads in Savannah was interesting to me because I always felt that much of what was mentioned are developments I would like to see. Something I have also fantasized about is somehting that I think is much needed in Savannah... a zoo.

I think that part of Hutchinson Island, the side west of the bridge, would be ideal for for a zoo/aquarium. It would be close to downtown and could be very beneficial to the water taxi service. I also feel that with the Savannah Wildlife Refuge close by, visitors could catch regular shuttles from the zoo/aquarium and see the wildlife there in their natural habitats such as the alligators and different birds. I wanted to know what everyone else feels about this... and would also like others to express their thoughts about it and any other developments you would like to see.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The recent topic about the dream roads in Savannah was interesting to me because I always felt that much of what was mentioned are developments I would like to see. Something I have also fantasized about is somehting that I think is much needed in Savannah... a zoo.

I think that part of Hutchinson Island, the side west of the bridge, would be ideal for for a zoo/aquarium. It would be close to downtown and could be very beneficial to the water taxi service. I also feel that with the Savannah Wildlife Refuge close by, visitors could catch regular shuttles from the zoo/aquarium and see the wildlife there in their natural habitats such as the alligators and different birds. I wanted to know what everyone else feels about this... and would also like others to express their thoughts about it and any other developments you would like to see.

• 3 weeks later...

My dream for Savannah wouldn't be so much a development but a long term master plan to expand the city's core. It would be great if there is some depressed or underutilized area adjacent to Downtown where this could be built. It could have slightly relaxed guidelines that don't have to match the historic district, which could help attract development, and allow higher densities than is currently allowed Downtown (I assume).

The Savannah area seems to be ramping up toward strong and perhaps unprecedented growth. It would be nice if the core of the city captured its share of that growth.

Archived