Shreveport- A Diamond in the rough

I just visited Shreveport for the first time in several years and surprise by the ugly blight that has come over some of the neighborhoods. I also want to give Shreveport its props for having some of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the south- Shreve Island, Broadmoor, Line & Fairfield area and South Shreve. I am convince that if more industry would move back there the city will really take off. Man you got to love those big pine tree neighborhoods of Southfield, Pines Rd and S Lakeshore Drive. If anyone who read this have any pics of those neighborhoods, please post them

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just visited Shreveport for the first time in several years and surprise by the ugly blight that has come over some of the neighborhoods. I also want to give Shreveport its props for having some of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the south- Shreve Island, Broadmoor, Line & Fairfield area and South Shreve. I am convince that if more industry would move back there the city will really take off. Man you got to love those big pine tree neighborhoods of Southfield, Pines Rd and S Lakeshore Drive. If anyone who read this have any pics of those neighborhoods, please post them

I knew you'd find something negative to say, you always do. I've seen only a couple of posts from you where you didn't bash Shreveport in some way. Go find some other city to bash.

"I am convince that if more industry would move back there the city will really take off." <--- Huh? I'm completely lost... no wait, YOU are completely lost. Shreveport is a heavily-industrialized city and the port is growing so fast they're already having to expand out by another 2,000 acres. Are you sure you were in Shreveport, chump? I'm not quite sure you were.

Would you please just go to hell already?

SBC and Jcasey

Nothing would give me more pleasure to meet both of you in a dark alley but I was giving Shreveport some props since I visited the city last weekend. I am not here to bash Shreveport but to praise it. I enjoyed my visit to the boardwalk and was told they are going to build a Marriot hotel, extend the boardwalk and build an amusement park. I had some great catfish at an all you can eat place out on 70 th behind the water park. The blighted area I am talking about is the Cedar Grove and Lakeside area since I grew up in the Lakeshore area. I was very impressesd by the new shopping centers out Yourre drive and remembered when there was nothing but a cotton field in front of LSU-S. I also see that they are expanding the Shreveport-Barksdale Hiway bridges. I was also equally impressed with the new Hilton Hotel and the Las Vegas nightlife scene that the downtown area has now. My quest is how can me and SBC get on the same page about Shreveport-Bossier. I am willing to meet you halfway

Okay guy, perhaps I took your post wrong. I'm just having a hard time with your posts because they typically sound like bashing... now if I'm wrong, please do accept my apology. And I'm not an apology type of guy... I'd typically rather feud with someone than to apologize, but I do feel if I'm wrong about you that I owe you an apology. But the jury is still out on that, my friend.

THIS post of yours sounded positive, but it's honestly one of only a small handful of posts where you've seemed truly concerned about Shreveport's future. You've often compared Shreveport to San Antonio, when you and I both know that there truly is no comparison. Shreveport isn't the greatest city, believe me I understand that, and I will be leaving the area entirely before too long, but I still do have a deep affinity for my home city (I claim Shreveport even though Bossier is truly my home city) and can't stand to see it bashed. Because of this, I have had a problem with your posts in the past AND I DO HOPE I'VE BEEN WRONG ABOUT YOU... I really do.

I hope you did have a good time, and I'm willing to just call it even stevens and move beyond how I've felt about your posts before now.

Aye, there's the rub... you can't compare the seventh largest city in American to Shreveport (98th largest). That's like comparing Baylor football to LSU ... Two totally different leagues ...

EDIT: Okay, I had to think about what i just said... I think we're a little bit better off than Baylor football. ;)

Archived