Website Preview

JerseyBoy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they are pretty cool. But is anyone else getting a slight freeze/hesitation after loading each page in the forums where you cant scroll and your curser doesn't change "actions"? Seems to go away once the preview bubbles pop up? Maybe its just my computer...

Either way, great edition :)

Yeah, they are pretty cool. But is anyone else getting a slight freeze/hesitation after loading each page in the forums where you cant scroll and your curser doesn't change "actions"? Seems to go away once the preview bubbles pop up? Maybe its just my computer...

Either way, great edition :)

I haven't noticed this. I have the preview script to load ONLY after the rest of the page has loaded so it is in a usable state while the preview script is loading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may sound a bit strange, but in many of the posts that have appeared in the last week or so, I'm getting a pop up window when I mouse over the name of a city. This pop up window leads to an MS Live search showing the location of the city. Is it just me or is this a new feature recently added to UP in addition to the website preview window?

This may sound a bit strange, but in many of the posts that have appeared in the last week or so, I'm getting a pop up window when I mouse over the name of a city. This pop up window leads to an MS Live search showing the location of the city. Is it just me or is this a new feature recently added to UP in addition to the website preview window?

This is something that was added as of yesterday and is an additional source of advertising for UrbanPlanet.org. This will help to pay for recently added upgrades to our system as well as future offerings for our members. Keeping the site for free is something I have always promised, but if you wish the Premium membership we offer now excludes all advertisements from the site.

The new pop-up's that you're referring to however are only displayed when you place your mouse cursor over a DOUBLE underlined word and go away when your mouse moves away. This is meant to be the most unobtrusive way possible for doing this. Unfortunately the larger we become the more money is required to keep us up and running 24/7/365 and with costs rising this was a necessary evil to keep this site free to all.

This is something that was added as of yesterday and is an additional source of advertising for UrbanPlanet.org. This will help to pay for recently added upgrades to our system as well as future offerings for our members. Keeping the site for free is something I have always promised, but if you wish the Premium membership we offer now excludes all advertisements from the site.

The new pop-up's that you're referring to however are only displayed when you place your mouse cursor over a DOUBLE underlined word and go away when your mouse moves away. This is meant to be the most unobtrusive way possible for doing this. Unfortunately the larger we become the more money is required to keep us up and running 24/7/365 and with costs rising this was a necessary evil to keep this site free to all.

any chance you can give the plus members ad-"free-er" viewing, even if it's just the new hover ads? those are annoying because they don't go away when you move your mouse away, you have to close them.

Actually, you don't have to close them. After a second or two the ad should go away on its own without you having to click the X in the upper right hand corner. I am still evaluating those advertisements however I will consider making the Plus Members group a little ad-free-er. :)

Actually, you don't have to close them. After a second or two the ad should go away on its own without you having to click the X in the upper right hand corner. I am still evaluating those advertisements however I will consider making the Plus Members group a little ad-free-er. :)

Archived