Hampstead - Traditional Neighborhood Development

Southron

• 2 months later...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The first buildings are under construction at Hampstead, the 416-acre, 1,800-home development along Taylor Road. Office and retail tenants will occupy the first two buildings, which have a total of about 64,000 square feet and will cost a combined $13.6 million. The first residential buildings will start going up in early 2008 and should be ready by the end of next summer.

Anna Lowder and Harvi Sahota, who most recently developed lofts in Old Cloverdale, plan to move their office to Hampstead. As co-directors of design and development for Hampstead, they expect it to take up to 15 years to build out.

Montgomery Advertiser: Hampstead under way on Montgomery east side

• 2 months later...

Work is now well underway on the first two buildings in the Hampstead traditional neighborhood development. Hampstead's High Street will run between the buildings, and will lead to 150 homes as part of phase one. Hampstead will eventually have around 1,800 homes, ranging in price from $150,000 to $1 million.

WSFA-TV: Major Housing Development Underway Off Taylor Road

• 2 months later...

According to developers Anna Lowder and Harvi Sahota, the first two buildings at Hampstead, with 64,000 sq ft of class A office space, will be finished in October and all of the professional office space on the second floors has been leased. Leasing of the retail spaces is underway, with a couple of restaurants and a gym already signed up.

Home construction is set to begin this month, with 36 homes in a mix of large homes, starter homes and townhouses. The first phase will include four or five blocks of buildings.

Development builds with Smart Code

Large home illustration

Hampstead1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the more zoomed out map, are the lighter gray lots at the right side existing homes or lots included in Hampstead? The lighter gray color is not on the legend is why I ask. I like the density and amount of greenspace of this project. The commercial building is perfect.

Looking at the more zoomed out map, are the lighter gray lots at the right side existing homes or lots included in Hampstead? The lighter gray color is not on the legend is why I ask. I like the density and amount of greenspace of this project. The commercial building is perfect.

Archived