Skyline Shots @ Night

Well I am still learning to use my camera, but I think things are getting better.

Here are a few more nighttime skyline shots I took tonight.

First stop is the Central Ave bridge near the 277/ Independece interchange.

centralbush.JPG

centralstreak.JPG

And zooming in a little:

centralclose.JPG

Next I moved over to Morehead Street at the Euclid intersection. Got a nice reflection from the roof of my car:

morehead3.JPG

And coming full circle back to my neighborhood, here is a shot of the Odell Tower as seen from 9th St Linear Park, they just mowed the grass today so it looks nice. Since I am cheap and don't have a tripod I had to set the camera down on the bench.

9park.JPG

And our last pic for today, here is the view from the Davidson / 9th Traffic Circle.

trafficcircle.JPG

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should find some exotic birds for the giant birdcages in the traffic circle. I have always wondered what the City was thinking when those were installed.

The shot from Euclid is mesmerizing. I miss Charlotte already!!!

Ah, thats right Metro, you dont read posts on that other site anymore. Yes, I'm moving to Raleigh soon to take a pretty good job opportunity downtown. its going to be a bit of a change but i think i can handle it. I am from Charlotte so looking forward to learning a new place, through and through.

Those are great pics, especially for not having used a tripod! It's always nice to see photos of Charlotte at night because you all bother to light up your buildings. Detroit has so many great skyscrapers, none of which are lit up very well at night. :(

Archived