Myrtle Beach Jet Port

monsoon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened? Last I heard it was just a matter of time before the finances were approved. That was in the fall, though.

A new regional airport may indeed be necessary. I have no doubt that Myrtle Beach needs an expanded facility at the rate things are growing over there. Perhaps some sort of larger Pee Dee airport in partnership with Florence may be more appropriate? It would have to be far away from both cities though.... just a thought.

A lot of people in Myrtle Beach don't think having the airport where it is located makes sense. Jets don't need to be taking off and landing over the populated areas including the upcoming Hard Rock Park. Also it splits S. Myrtle Beach in 1/2 and residents think the land could be put to much better use.

The Horry County Council needs to consider a plan to locate the airport out west of Conway where there is endless land for such a thing. Horry, outside of Myrtle Beach, is a low density county and a noisy airport needs to be located out of the city.

I've read that the Northeastern Strategic Alliance is doing a survey for businesses in areas around FLO, MYR and ILM to determine if future air travel will necessitate a new airport. If so, then they'll look for potential sites which would likely be somewhere between Florence and Myrtle Beach. I agree that if they're going for a new airport it's best to purchase the land before development encroaches it.

Archived