OHSU sells waterfront parcel

egrguy

30-Story Building

Wow, two 30 story buildings announced for Portland in the same week. The city is booming. With this planned as a retirement living center and Tom Moyer being a pretty dependable developer, the skies could be filled with cranes within the next year as both of these projects seem like good shots to get built.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pdxheel will probably know more than I...but I can guess that the original plan was for more research. That was the impetus behind the tram...to get students/doctors/staff from the hill to the lower research areas of OHSU and back again.

Also, this retirement home will have some interesting technology in it's rooms. The assisted memory rooms will feature video assisted phone systems and will record previous conversations to help older people from getting confused on the phone.

pdxheel will probably know more than I...but I can guess that the original plan was for more research. That was the impetus behind the tram...to get students/doctors/staff from the hill to the lower research areas of OHSU and back again.

Also, this retirement home will have some interesting technology in it's rooms. The assisted memory rooms will feature video assisted phone systems and will record previous conversations to help older people from getting confused on the phone.

I actually found more information regarding this project. Its much more research oriented than the article posted in Portland Business Journal. it sounds as though there is a research agreement with Intel to work on healthcare equipment, etc to better serve the aging population. I now like this project much more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

OHSU's waterfront vision: 2 million square foot campus

Wow. This is amazing. They want nearly an entire campus there on the south waterfront with potential for student housing as well. This would almost turn into a niche-neighborhood within the city. It also plans to move 5 different colleges to this campus in the future.

This is truly an exciting development. OHSU is making big news with their entire S. Waterfront expansion. It will be great to see how this progresses within the next 5-10 years and how it affects the city as a whole.

Archived