City Creek Center

MJLO

This sounds like a huge project being built in downtown Salt Lake. What makes me weary is the Church is developing it. Not that churches shouldn't be able to venture into private capital. It's just that I think that church exudes to much power over it's followers. It really from what I see controls just about everything in the state of Utah. It would bother me if they took the limited control they have and tried to thrust into other parts of the country.

I digress, what's the scope of this project? I know the church is the developer, but will it be mainstream or cater more to the constituents of the religion?

• 9 months later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sounds like a huge project being built in downtown Salt Lake. What makes me weary is the Church is developing it. Not that churches shouldn't be able to venture into private capital. It's just that I think that church exudes to much power over it's followers. It really from what I see controls just about everything in the state of Utah. It would bother me if they took the limited control they have and tried to thrust into other parts of the country.

I digress, what's the scope of this project? I know the church is the developer, but will it be mainstream or cater more to the constituents of the religion?

• 2 months later...

MJLO

I think you are reacting a little to much on this. The church currently owns it and purchesed it years ago to keep it nice and so forth. Due to gateway center opening, it has seen decline in shopping and so forth. I respect that a church is taking pride in the area, especially downtown in making it a more urban place. Mormons seem to be more in the suburbs than urban areas.

The project will cater to all, but will be modest with what stores are allowed.

I live in Mesa and I wish something like this from any type of developer would do build this in downtown.

Archived