105.3 "Hot FM"

Timize

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind these stations so much if we were getting more diversity. We have what.. ?x Country, ?x Christian Rock, 2x Alternative Rock, 3x Classical Rock, Soft Rock, 3x Top 40, NPR and 1 classical station? Or was that classical station booted off to some AM frequency?

How about we drop a few of the duplicates and replace them with some good Jazz, Classical, or heck, a station that dedicates itself to providing time slots for all kinds of different music?

Classical Station? The only one I know of was turned into some cheesy oldies station that grandmothers with plastic covered sofas listen to.

It's WYCE for me.

I wouldn't mind these stations so much if we were getting more diversity. We have what.. ?x Country, ?x Christian Rock, 2x Alternative Rock, 3x Classical Rock, Soft Rock, 3x Top 40, NPR and 1 classical station? Or was that classical station booted off to some AM frequency?

How about we drop a few of the duplicates and replace them with some good Jazz, Classical, or heck, a station that dedicates itself to providing time slots for all kinds of different music?

I can't even remember the last time I listened to commercial radio. WYCE 88.1 FM is the best radio station on the planet--blues, jazz, rock, funk, folk and world beat. I get a musical education every day and find out about great bands that I never would have heard of otherwise. Where else are you going to hear songs like "Liquored Up and Lacquered Down" by Southern Culture on the Skids? When I go up to Midland to visit my mother, I pick up Central Michigan University's station which is usually pretty good - sometimes downright outstanding.

I can't even remember the last time I listened to commercial radio. WYCE 88.1 FM is the best radio station on the planet--blues, jazz, rock, funk, folk and world beat. I get a musical education every day and find out about great bands that I never would have heard of otherwise. Where else are you going to hear songs like "Liquored Up and Lacquered Down" by Southern Culture on the Skids? When I go up to Midland to visit my mother, I pick up Central Michigan University's station which is usually pretty good - sometimes downright outstanding.

My wife listens to 105.3, but both of us think Dave and Geri are not HOT. In fact, think of the opposite of HOT and that's Dave and Geri.

For me, it's NPR daily, WOOD if I need traffic info.

If anyone's in Kalamazoo, hit 89.1 WIDR FM, it's like WYCE, but more awesome and unafraid to play all music (even the stuff that might offend donors).

Archived