Rivertown Crossings kicks out The RAPID

GRDadof3

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that I've thought about - we haven't even entered the snowy, icy part of winter that makes parking lots into ice rinks. If Rivertown's mgmt thought a little hooliganism was too much to deal with, I wonder how they'll like dealing with slip and fall lawsuits from all the folks who will be traversing their parking lot.

The whole thing is crazy and has me in complete disbelief. I rarely go to Rivertown, but will not return until the buses are allowed back, if ever.

I was at the mall Saturday. The bus was there and a lot of people go on (10?) and even more got off (15?). So has this not taken effect? It was picking people up and dropping them off at the edge of the parking lot (not at all far from the mall). So what if there's no more door to door service, I assume people who take the bus are used to walking a bit from stop to destination.

Is anyone on this forum familiar with the entrance that has the bus stop? Have you ever rode the bus to Rivertown Crossings? Woodland does the same thing with their bus stop, are we going to boycott them now too?

I am 6'4" 265 pounds and have been intimidated by the people at that entrance. The distance to the new spot is less then 50 yards away. Give up 1 parking spot and put up a shelter and the problem is solved.

On a side note I went to Rivertown Crossings Friday and the outer drive was bumper to bumper with cars. Looks like the UP boycott isn't working.

I am in the minority on this, but I am glad they moved the bus stop and kudos to the mall management for recognizing it as a potentially dangerous and intimidating situation. Its nice to see Rivertown treat bus riders the way the rest of the malls in the area treat them. They tried to accommodate them and failed. Kudos to Rivertown for trying.

I was at the mall Saturday. The bus was there and a lot of people go on (10?) and even more got off (15?). So has this not taken effect? It was picking people up and dropping them off at the edge of the parking lot (not at all far from the mall). So what if there's no more door to door service, I assume people who take the bus are used to walking a bit from stop to destination.

Yeah, that's at least 300 - 400 feet, if not further. Then throw in the gargantuan snowbanks.

4687049_0da1e458a0_m.jpg

But the distance isn't the point, it's the statement made that's the issue. I'm all for more people walking.

It will be interesting if the Press does a follow up on this.

Is anyone on this forum familiar with the entrance that has the bus stop? Have you ever rode the bus to Rivertown Crossings? Woodland does the same thing with their bus stop, are we going to boycott them now too?

I am 6'4" 265 pounds and have been intimidated by the people at that entrance. The distance to the new spot is less then 50 yards away. Give up 1 parking spot and put up a shelter and the problem is solved.

On a side note I went to Rivertown Crossings Friday and the outer drive was bumper to bumper with cars. Looks like the UP boycott isn't working.

I am in the minority on this, but I am glad they moved the bus stop and kudos to the mall management for recognizing it as a potentially dangerous and intimidating situation. Its nice to see Rivertown treat bus riders the way the rest of the malls in the area treat them. They tried to accommodate them and failed. Kudos to Rivertown for trying.

I gave my 2 cents to the mall. Although I do not ride the RAPID, I feel for those who do and cannot stand by and do nothing. Imagine how the Mall of America would turn out if they decided to remove bus / light rail service there. A few roudy kids is hardly a big deal and should be taken with a grain of salt. But then again, I expected nothing less than the actions taken by the conservative yuppies who own that mall. I agree with most here that Woodland is a better mall anyways. There is more diversity in their stores than Rivertown.

I reckon that the mall manager will soon be leaving "to spend more time with his family," as the saying goes "inside the Beltline." (The one in our nation's capital, that is.)

This minor bit of insipid mismanagement will be alleviated, but the rest of the coutry needs to know that it's just not acceptable.

If the Pumpkin Head incident is strange enough to be mentioned on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" (and he/it was!), so is this one.

(More media suggestions welcome.)

Holy crap...

I posted a message on my website that was almost word for word the message I posted here, and today I just got a message from Randy Zimmerman stating what I said isn't true... I kid you not...

He wants me to call him, but I'm going to e-mail him first, but anyone else get a message from Randy?

And I lost his phone number *doh*

Holy crap...

I posted a message on my website that was almost word for word the message I posted here, and today I just got a message from Randy Zimmerman stating what I said isn't true... I kid you not...

He wants me to call him, but I'm going to e-mail him first, but anyone else get a message from Randy?

Holy crap...

Archived