Pinnacle at Cross Creek/ DeVoe Moore Property

psycuda

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know anything about their renovations, I've only heard from people who work inside, who claim Burlington's #s locally, are weaker than average. If I had to guess, and the company wanted to slash some expenses, this would be among the first stores to go.

No, it wouldn't, since there is still quite a bit there (except above the movie theater near Parisian/Belk). Besides, where would people like me go to get out of the house, since that's my neighborhood mall. I would like to see this area redesigned into more of a mixed use area with housing if it ever did take place, though.

I have no doubt that Tallahassee could use another mall. The way I see it, is that Tallahassee is basically divided up into 2 zone's both being centered around the mall with a 2 mile buffer zone "commercial speaking of course". By the time another Shopping mall is built Tallahassee can afford to be divided up into a 3rd exspecialy in the North-East side of town. I live in this area and I and most others are very anxious to see more moving to this side of Tallahassee simply for convenience because it can take a good 15 to 20 min to get to Governors mall and traffic over here seems to be getting worse every month exspecialy on Buck Lake road. There are tons of folks that live out here!!!! And comming from South Florida everthing is just too D@MN far away. :shok: ...lol

Gov. Sq. decent? Well that's a subjective opinion thing for sure. MORE decent than Tally Mall, sure but I'd not go as far as saying bad tile, 70's brass railings and disco lighting are decent compared to other malls in FL in the year 2006. :) Gov. Sq. is great if you need tennis shoes or cell phones and TWO ballcap stores?

I like Tally Mall for the movie theater mainly, but I also enjoy Old Navy and Barnes there. I have always thought it was weird that Burlington Coat Factory was split up into two parts.

mracca you know you've been in Tally a long time when you grip about driving "all the way across town." When I first moved here I thought it was wonderful and a novelty that I could be anywhere I wanted in 20 minutes, but now I complain when I have to drive more than 10 minutes.

You know, Poonther, I'm still trying to master the art of getting anywhere in town in 20 minutes or less. Especially to work which never seems to happen from where I live.

But I do think the Governor's square mall is decent. Sure there are some slight cosmetic things that it could correct, but for the shopping, it is decent.

Don't get me wrong, I want Gov. Sq. to succeed and be the best they can be. At the moment, I just don't think the current management is doing a very good job of that. The last time I was in there, many of the leaves on the big ficus trees where just falling off all over the place from several of the trees. I understand this will happen from time to time, but please have someone sweep them up when it begins to look like an October driveway in New England.

Also I've never been to a mall that has a dollar store and a Coach store under one roof.

I am glad they scored an Anchor Blue store, the first one in FL BTW and I also am a big fan of their smaller monument signs on Blair stone and Gov. Sq. Dr., very nice IMHO.....no no I'm not talking about the big marquee on the P'way.

Still, the hybrid mall/power centers like Tallahassee Mall have become the standard, not the traditional mall like Governors Square. While Tallahassee Mall may not succeed long term as a mall, it will still be a commercial center, perhaps as a mixed use town center keeping many of the current anchors.

• 6 months later...

The development will be located at the intersection of Highway 90 and Interstate 10 in Tallahassee's prominent northeast quadrant. Colonial Properties retail project, to be named Colonial Pinnacle at Cross Creek, is anticipated to include a 900,000 square foot open air retail center that will feature exceptional department store anchors, over 250,000 square feet of specialty stores, a stadium seat movie theater, casual and fine dining establishments and 200,000 square feet of large format tenants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Release: May 18, 2007

Colonial Properties Trust Announces Development of Colonial Pinnacle at Cross Creek

Colonial Properties will lead the development as well as manage and lease the retail project for the joint venture. "We look forward to the opportunity to bring an exceptional shopping venue with premium lifestyle features and one-of-a-kind retailers to the Tallahassee market," said Ken Marshall, Senior Vice President of Colonial Properties Trust. "The prime location of this center will conveniently serve the local area as well a secondary market of over 500,000 people living within a 60 minute drive of Tallahassee."

William Leitner, EVP of Colonial Properties Trust adds, "This project promises to build on our successful Pinnacle concept which features a pedestrian friendly lifestyle center that appeals to today's shopper who is looking for national retailers, restaurants, and local merchants in an open-air environment. Colonial Properties has had great success with past projects Colonial Pinnacle Turkey Creek in Knoxville, TN, and Colonial Pinnacle Tutwiler Farm, in Birmingham, AL. The Pinnacle format is a strategic part of our on-going efforts to grow our retail development pipeline. We look forward to bringing leading national and regional retailers and restaurants to this master-planned development."

Devoe L. Moore stated, "I am looking forward to working with Colonial Properties Trust to bring this exciting project to the Tallahassee market. The project will be a key component of the continued growth for the local economy and promises to provide an exceptional shopping environment that will be extremely well received by the residents it will serve."

Source: CPT

You are exactly right South Park County! THIS is exactly what I have dreamed for Tallahassee to have. Of all the things I miss from South Florida, an Open Air Mall was one of my favorites. Take a look at their web site. It mentions that Tallahassee's Design will be based off the two previous Design from Pinnacle Turkey Creek in Knoxville, TN, and Colonial Pinnacle Tutwiler Farm, in Birmingham. These are beautiful. They remind me up-scale shopping in Destin Commons.

Retail - Colonial

I agree, the new car museum is ugly stjoe.

I definately feel this is what we need to boost shopping in Tallahassee and bolster our economy to another level. We've long lacked many options now common in many of America's mid-sized cities, and have opted to travel out of town to spend money at other venues because the malls we currently have, have no reason to change.... with this they will. Not only do the shopping enhancements excite me but the frontage on I-10 in Eastern Tallahassee also pleases me for it will be seen as a major expansion of our size from the East-West interstate standpoint. Travelers will have 16.86 miles of commercial offerings as they travel through if we include the Midway exit which is quickly evolving aswell.

I tried to plug for UrbanPlanet at TDO.com. I like some of the opinions that were being exchanged there, hopefully we'll get someone new to join as this issue heats up.

So, if this is a general mall (i.e. Sears, Pennys, Macys, etc) and not an outlet like Concord Mills, Opry Mills, etc... what happens to Tallahassee Mall and/or Governor's Square. What about the mall St. Joe wants Southside? I can't see this town supporting FOUR malls! Would make more sense to have a Mills type center (i.e. "Apalachee Mills") along the Interstate.

Archived