restaurants in the SBC

dimebag1980

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, lately we've been seeing commercials a lot for something else we don't have yet... Jared, the Galleria of Jewelry. I've seen their stores ALL OVER suburban Dallas, and they have one in Metairie but that's the only one in Louisiana so far. As a matter of fact, as of right now. Metairie, Tulsa, and Memphis are the smallest cities in this region where Jared stores are located. But I've been seeing their commercials lately as well as Dave & Buster's, and rumors abound about Dave & Buster's, so who knows!?

• 2 months later...

A couple of things...

1) The new restaurant that was recently applying for approval on Youree, near Sam's, is now hiring. It's Albasha Greek & Lebanese restaurant I thought this was interesting because I just noticed another new Greek & Lebanese restaurant is coming soon on Line Avenue, near Superior. This one is called Mona's Cafe. Add to that Yeero! Yeero! further down Youree, and Greek Corner at the coner of Mansfield/Jewella. I really do miss Athenian Delights, though... their portions were awesome and their staff was so much nicer than the staff at Yeero! Yeero!

2) I'm afraid that outparcel on E. 70th Street by Strawn's appears to be simply an extension of the parking lot. And I must say, while I want to see something new built there, they do need more parking spaces there. It's hard as hell to find parking at that Strawn's at lunch time.

That's all I've got for now... just a couple of observations.

Tried Mona's today and all I can say is, if you like Greek and Lebanese cuisine, you will LOVE it. The service was a little slow, but the food more than made up for it. They also have a grocery in the back and have everything you can imagine. Awesome! I hope they make it in Shreveport, as it turns out it's owned by the same people who own 4 Mona's restaurants in New Orleans.

Tried Mona's today and all I can say is, if you like Greek and Lebanese cuisine, you will LOVE it. The service was a little slow, but the food more than made up for it. They also have a grocery in the back and have everything you can imagine. Awesome! I hope they make it in Shreveport, as it turns out it's owned by the same people who own 4 Mona's restaurants in New Orleans.

Dude, I've seen sooooo many Red Robin commercials lately. I guess they replaced all the Dave & Buster ones I was seeing. Who knows? I have never been there, but on their commercials, their burgers look really good. Speaking of burgers, I was at the Boardwalk at lunch time today and ahhhhhhhh......Fuddruckers smelled sooooo good!!!

• 3 months later...

Okay, let me give you a quick review on Le Rouge Restaurant and Club, located on Mansfield Rd... first, the owners did a nice job of renovating the old Steak and Ale place. It has a very contemporary look, with bold colors and designs. The restaurant has an upscale-type of feel to it... the service there was great... the menu was well focused and not too overwhelming... steaks, some seafood dishes, soup/salads, etc.,. Dishes are a little pricey (lunch for my wife and I was around $70, but we ordered appetizers, along w/ a few extras) I could go on, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would give Le Rouge 3.5 stars out of 5.

Okay, let me give you a quick review on Le Rouge Restaurant and Club, located on Mansfield Rd... first, the owners did a nice job of renovating the old Steak and Ale place. It has a very contemporary look, with bold colors and designs. The restaurant has an upscale-type of feel to it... the service there was great... the menu was well focused and not too overwhelming... steaks, some seafood dishes, soup/salads, etc.,. Dishes are a little pricey (lunch for my wife and I was around $70, but we ordered appetizers, along w/ a few extras) I could go on, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would give Le Rouge 3.5 stars out of 5.

Nice review. Too bad I didn't have you around when I used to run a restaurant review website...

Anyway, sounds a bit pricey for my taste. That used to be my style, you know... before career changes and tightening of the belt/slimming of the wallet. BUT does sound nice, something maybe to reserve for a special occasion. I used to eat out every evening and every day at lunch, and now we cook at home and I eat lunch in.

Archived